What's your favorite 3d model resin?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Please elaborate, for those that have clients that hoard printed casts in cabinets for remakes in 18 months.

like that i think was printed 2 years ago liing in the drawer ,this side still not bad . Not screwed both seperate stored like waiste with other test prints . Not much resins can. And as you can see on the other side things happened but with this kind of storage not tha bad ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7110.JPG
    IMG_7110.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7111.JPG
    IMG_7111.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7114.JPG
    IMG_7114.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7115.JPG
    IMG_7115.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7116.JPG
    IMG_7116.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7117.JPG
    IMG_7117.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Please elaborate, for those that have clients that hoard printed casts in cabinets for remakes in 18 months.
Resin prints generally have poor dimensional stability on long timescales, anecdotally the main mechanism i've observed is the overcured base layers either having internal strains that gradually pull that layer tighter and warp the entire part through creep, or the rest of the model distorting ( i assume from residual polymerization reactions and/or the parts absorbing moisture from the air) but with the base layer resisting that deformation. In both cases it manifests as a slow curling towards the base layer. Most of this is stuff I've observed in general-purpose modelling resins, fillers in the resin seem to help stabilize them significantly, but I haven't done any comparative tests on a months-long timeframe to see how much.