Backing up Server computers, secondary router issues.

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Now that we have our complete 3shape server install, scanner, design station and clients working again, we are looking for a better backup system. We have Verizon FiOS with as a primary router. We want to add a faster secondary router for improved speed, plus the ability to add a hard drive backup for the entire system. Once this is in place, the goal is to use Acronis True image to make disk images to both the local hard drive (on the secondary router) and the cloud.

I don't now the exact details, but I think the image must be restored on a similarly configured computer (if not the exact one) that the image came from. There is some mention of being able to restore to any computer as a next level of the package. Anyone know more information about this. We are currently using Windows to backup our files. Looking for easy and reliable.

When we set the secondary router up, the network worked fine and all the computer could share files, but "of course" when we launched Dental Manager it started to load and then, "dongle not found" despite the fact that the file path clearly pointed to the correct place. Had to put everything back to the original configuration for Monday morning work. Back to the drawing board. Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:
J

Jorge

Reaction score
Acronis has a more expensive package that allows you to restore to different hardware, that is what I have read, you must check their website.
What kind of Acronis backup?
Disk image booting from a CD?
Or booting from a special disk partition?
Unattended?
Regards

Top Bottom