Anyway to make parallel guideplanes in multi-single unit designs?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Need to make a bunch of single Zirconia crowns - but then to fit a partial...

how the heck do i make sure all the axial walls are optimized for a partial to fit?

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Glue your antagonist to the partial and scan it. Then when you adapt your crowns to your antagonist, will adapt to the partial. It works in Exocad...:D

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what does the antagonist have to do with making sure all the side walls of the teeth are parallel together? sorry for my ignorance, just trying to understand.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Eye,

I've tried so hard to design them and it's so difficult. I used the grid and set the arch to the best position I could and set it as the "home" position with the "eye" button. Then use plane cut to parallel the interproximals on whichever side you want to do them on. That way you're looking down the insertion angle and making sure they all draw at once.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I would show you what I'm talking about, but I got a new computer this morning and I can't do anything until my IT comes and takes off the admin locks to let me download my 3Shape and SUM3D. I'd be happy to help you out with the ideas I had when I was designing them.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
sure! i'm just surprised there isn't some sort of function for this in 3Shape and in which case i'm totally e-mailing them...this is HUGE... we are getting so many Zirconia crowns with partials afterwards....it's NOT a solution to parallel mill Zr crowns...LOL

take your time! i've been meaning to get hooked up with you for some time anyway.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Existing partial or future partial?
Would make a huge diff...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
could do telescope copings.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
You can always waxup the copings and scan as waxups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Yea, you could always eyeball it and spend time surveying the copings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
how would that give me identical guide plane for all the units?

when multiple telescope copings are selected they must all share a path of insertion. this ensures the walls are common angles. add your attachments to the parallel walls. then, when the copings are finished, scan them again for veneers using the new parallel wall edges as margins.

i'd avoid double-designing over a telescope coping. double designing in general is finnicky at best.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
take your time! i've been meaning to get hooked up with you for some time anyway.

What you wanna talk about? I'm always an open book.

I'd be glad to hop on teamviewer and show you how I did it. It's not an exact science, but it always got me close.

I just had a problem with making them parallel because there wasn't a way to really check it in 3Shape.

The grid system was the only way I thought I could get close.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Problem was is that you're trying to put a 3D object onto a 2D plane and make it work. Just nearly impossible.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
they really need to have a surveyor in 3Shape as a default haha

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Need to make a bunch of single Zirconia crowns - but then to fit a partial...

how the heck do i make sure all the axial walls are optimized for a partial to fit?

telescopic function.....all will have common exterior insertion and all walls will draw with no undercuts.

You can then further reduce if you really feel necessary in CAD or after they are milled.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What about telescopic monolithic crowns? Is there a full anatomical version there? I've never really messed around with telescopic copings.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not in 3shape, but you can do the coping+crown (veneer) design but as i said before i would avoid that.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
The last lab where I worked designed the coping and crown at the same time all day!

It wasn't unusual for me to design nothing but split file cases all day when I was there.

Large span bridges too! 6+ unit bridge split file designs.

Top Bottom