Anyone using 3shape All Scans?

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
I have All Scans on version 2014, 2nd edition and wanted to know what the procedure is to make milled/printed models from scans of stone casts and sectioned stone dies? This may sound odd, but I have the need to do this. models from impression scans are simple because you can enter them on the order page but that option is grayed-out if i am scanning stone.
Has anyone done this???

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Why would you want to mill a model if you already have one? I feel like I may be missing a very obvious use? And sorry I don't have your answer

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Why would you want to mill a model if you already have one? I feel like I may be missing a very obvious use? And sorry I don't have your answer
I don't start with a model. What I begin with is a solid cast and a set of individual dies from a second pour. The reason for scanning these as a sectioned model is the complexity of constructing an aveolar model by hand when it can be simplified by doing it digitally. It can be very time consuming and not as accurate as a digital print.
21.jpg

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
don't hate me on this one! why not just stick with the solid and ind diesm that's what I do a lot. is it for looks?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
well to answer his question - you should be able to click on models at the bottom right of your order screen, and when you're done, you should be able to build model - or go through model builder.
I can't remember what 2014 is like, i think it is stand alone, but all in all, you should be able to have a printable model in your Manufacturing directory.

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
don't hate me on this one! why not just stick with the solid and ind diesm that's what I do a lot. is it for looks?
Looks for sure. But a functioning model containing trimmed dies is needed to properly seat the restorations on the model. On a solid cast, to seat the crowns, I would need to trim away too much of the gingiva which is what I am trying to preserve.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, ALL SCANS is only for digital impression importing. You'll need SCAN IT IMPRESSION to scan an impression to produce a model. Correct me if I am wrong....

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
well to answer his question - you should be able to click on models at the bottom right of your order screen, and when you're done, you should be able to build model - or go through model builder.
I can't remember what 2014 is like, i think it is stand alone, but all in all, you should be able to have a printable model in your Manufacturing directory.
I thought so also, but after installing All Scans, the Model button is still grayed-out unless I set the order to scan a digital or physical impression. I know I can get to Model Builer but to do this but this is a new install and I can't seem to figure out the steps to get there?

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, ALL SCANS is only for digital impression importing. You'll need SCAN IT IMPRESSION to scan an impression to produce a model. Correct me if I am wrong....
All Scans includes scanning stone casts for making /printed also (documented by 3shape). SCAN IT IMPRESSION will only accept digital or physical impressions to allow Model as an option on the order page.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
step 1 scan your case. don't do anything different.

step 2. open Model Builder. the very first dialog window asks you what case you want to work on.

step 3. proceed to create your models.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
All Scans includes scanning stone casts for making /printed also (documented by 3shape). SCAN IT IMPRESSION will only accept digital or physical impressions to allow Model as an option on the order page.
How are you logging in the cases to scan models to replicate with printed models? I didn't think this was possible...

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
How are you logging in the cases to scan models to replicate with printed models? I didn't think this was possible...
Last time I attempted this, it gave me a negative of the model I scanned. Sort of like an impression scan.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
step 1 scan your case. don't do anything different.

step 2. open Model Builder. the very first dialog window asks you what case you want to work on.

step 3. proceed to create your models.

I'm getting this when I open a scanned case in model builder. I have the ALL SCANS module on this dongle.
Capture.JPG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm not really sure what to do about that error, but one piece of advice i can give you is to scan a solid model instead of a cut model, in order to create a printable model.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i wonder if you need the full version of all scans? - not the 1st version of all scan -

if you can, send us a screen shot of your dongle registry (BUT WHITE OUT YOUR DONGLE NUMBER)

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
Here is an odd one... I create a new case in the regular manner, scanning a solid model and dies. When scanning is completed, I close out and open Model builder and the case is in the OPEN window so I choose it. Then i get a few error messages.
it allows me to build a model with no removable dies but the real kicker is... all the preps have disappeared! I am either doing something incorrect or I have a software issue.
Hey all... Thanks so much for all the responses. Very much appreciated! Glad I joined the group!

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
i wonder if you need the full version of all scans? - not the 1st version of all scan -

if you can, send us a screen shot of your dongle registry (BUT WHITE OUT YOUR DONGLE NUMBER)
I have the full version of ALL SCANS.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
there are two versions of all scans..... i am just asking - i think model builder is tiered into 3 or 4 levels, can't remember

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
This is the way support said it would work.

First, scan the case.
Then create a new order using digital impression instead of model on object type field and select the model element to activate model builder.
Finally, import and prepare the scans.

I'm going to test it out this afternoon. Will let y'all know...unless someone gets a chance earlier.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
two orders? doesnt sound right to me