anyone else see this?

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
People will try to sell anything......

i think it's a pretty good idea that leaves plenty of room for improvement.

if i were the head of a major tooth manufacturing company, serious about getting a leg up on the enormous competition..
i wouldn't balk at this idea. the docs need a better mould guide. something more useful and helpful for the labs.
it wouldn't be that tough to manufacture such a thing for the docs to use. a full set. in all the anterior moulds available for that tooth line.

it never ceases to amaze me that i end up picking the mould for almost every case. with very little to go on.
the docs make the exact mould choice maybe 1% of the time. kinda hard to believe with so many options.
it almost always works out, but i think it's far from ideal.
maybe it's not for every patient. but if it's a top of the line, high cost premium denture set.. why not?

it wouldn't have to be perfect as far as the shade goes, and just the front side of the teeth. no back side needed. uppers only. the originals for the mould could easily be scanned and milled or printed. then injected with cheap flexible non porous plastic.
placed by the docs where it needs to be, would be very helpful in determining almost everything you need for the esthetics part of a proper setup.

we live in a different world of hi tech and manufacturing possibilities.
i think it could be made cheap and reusable. easy to sterilize (or cheap enough to be disposable even better). and flexible enough to accommodate different arch sizes.
everything about dental products and techniques are evolving. why not this?

Last edited:
denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Maybe in a dr./ lab arrangmemtnet they might work....but for we denturists who set our own teeth it is a waste of time... If I have contoured the bite registration device enough on the second visit then all should be well....I usually take impressions...both surfaces...and make plaster models of the old dentures to get an approximation of various heights.........IE establish a tentative plane, midline and canine positions....If I feel that is good enough I will proceed right to the third visit with the esthetic tryin If not then I just use a rim with a light cured baseplate......I want the patient to preview the actual teeth they will recieve....I do that on the third visit when I take my facebow and pin tracing......I use an esthetic tryin.....at each stage of the process I will do another impression with successively lighter material....Usually a bite rim will not stay in place anyway without some sort of filler so I just make a silid baseplate using light cure base and then take a wash impression usiing that. A duplication of models but the long run results are good and it saves time for the patient. Plus they get to preview a complete set on the fourth visit and can spend adequate time in front of the mirror to see all the new features of thier dentures.
Should the patient require post insertion relines then I will use the Tubyfill technique using the inserted dentures....That allows complete contouring of the labial, buccal, and vestibular surfaces...I will use coe comfort on the buccal and labial surfaces and then either tempo or hydrocast on the vestibular borders to finalize them....then will reline them using the same material.....

M

milwatch126

Reaction score
Hi All,

I actually feel that this might be a good tool for young inexperienced dentists coming straight out of school. Most dental students I have had experience with during my time at a 'School of Dentistry' have zero interest in acrylic/CrCr removable prosthetic works. The sad fact is that dentistry today is about making money and these younger clinicians see removable work as the time consuming and low profit making.

M