People will try to sell anything......

Attachments

• 2015_12_22_13_44_030001.jpg
    2015_12_22_13_44_030001.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 258
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it on Facebook, its a smart way to get some info if your client takes his time with it. Not sure how he received a patent on it but I congratulated him.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its not about realistic.. although I bet these could be made the same way as a denture tooth.. I think its a great idea.. Quick and easy for the doc. What dr wants to melt wax and manipulate denture teeth in it? This gives you the whole social enchilada.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
ok......I guess i stand corrected.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its a very easy way to get plane of occlusion and midline on any rim. even if the dr is lazy and does not contour the rim this could be stuck into the rim and this info would solve a ton of issues for MANY different restorations.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Its a very easy way to get plane of occlusion and midline on any rim. even if the dr is lazy and does not contour the rim this could be stuck into the rim and this info would solve a ton of issues for MANY different restorations.

spit take.gif

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it on Facebook, its a smart way to get some info if your client takes his time with it. Not sure how he received a patent on it but I congratulated him.
This isn't that new, the patent expires in a couple years, they're already 17 years in. It's not bad as a guide, but it leaves much to be desired. If it had been licenced by a major denture tooth company (15 years ago) it might have been a useful trick to quickly choose between 2 or 3 different cards of teeth, but in today's digital world I don't see it taking off.

Densply's Tru Rx software was an early generation idea that was much better IMO (but it too had disadvantages)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think what any denture guy knows is that the vast majority of bite rims we get returned are

1) Not perfectly contoured
2) No Fox plane is used to get an accurate plane of occlusion
3) midlines rarely marked straight

How I see this as a benefit is with mounting bite rims. If the dr hasn't cut the rim to align the plane then we mount to the contour of the rim which leads to many problems. This press and stick will take the place of a stick bite and can really give the set up tech a bunch of valuable info. Since this system is one size fits all its not intended for shape and size rather than what I pointed out as I understand it.

I think it has promise and they are CHEAP which is what we need with these things.

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
I think what any denture guy knows is that the vast majority of bite rims we get returned are

1) Not perfectly contoured
2) No Fox plane is used to get an accurate plane of occlusion
3) midlines rarely marked straight

How I see this as a benefit is with mounting bite rims. If the dr hasn't cut the rim to align the plane then we mount to the contour of the rim which leads to many problems. This press and stick will take the place of a stick bite and can really give the set up tech a bunch of valuable info. Since this system is one size fits all its not intended for shape and size rather than what I pointed out as I understand it.

I think it has promise and they are CHEAP which is what we need with these things.
Fair enough. But what's to say they won't screw this up too. I'm not convinced we won't just get this back. Hopefully I'm wrong, dentists CAN do a good job
bad+dentures.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Fair enough. But what's to say they won't screw this up too. I'm not convinced we won't just get this back. Hopefully I'm wrong, dentists CAN do a good job
bad+dentures.jpg
Ewww!!!!!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
There was a mr potatoes head stick on parts fron Healthco in 1979, I had some then looks similar. Dds didn't like it then wonder about disinfection with current one.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
bad+dentures.jpg
Bingeffingo!
My first though was the clowns that can't contour a rim aren't going to get this right either.
Provided they're not just the usual tight wads who kick and scream over every cent.
In which case it won't be used at all

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
There was a mr potatoes head stick on parts fron Healthco in 1979, I had some then looks similar. Dds didn't like it then wonder about disinfection with current one.
Man you nailed that. I'll be chuckling about that the rest of the afternoon

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Bingeffingo!
My first though was the clowns that can't contour a rim aren't going to get this right either.
Provided they're not just the usual tight wads who kick and scream over every cent.
In which case it won't be used at all
Yup, they're $2.00 apiece, I had a doc screaming at me the other day because I charged her for models. She sent 3 alginate impressions for a one tooth flipper so I charged her for all 3. She said "how am I supposed to make any money on a flipper if you're charging me for all these models?" I told her to pour her own models. She said they didn't have time to do that. I told her that my time and my stone weren't free.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yup, they're $2.00 apiece, I had a doc screaming at me the other day because I charged her for models. She sent 3 alginate impressions for a one tooth flipper so I charged her for all 3. She said "how am I supposed to make any money on a flipper if you're charging me for all these models?" I told her to pour her own models. She said they didn't have time to do that. I told her that my time and my stone weren't free.
Excellent reply. Amazing how many Drs think higher education entitles them to free **** from us.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
She complained for an extra 4 dollars on the bill??

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Yea- I once lost a Dr. Over 50 cents. No loss. By the way there was a time when Dr.s contoured wax rims, reset teeth, and I believe were required to post dam models. Trust me I'm not intending to sound negative, just stating what I remember. Even the Doctors I am privileged to work for now,have made similar comments to me. They feel that it's a cost driven situation. That we all face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.