CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
alibaba has the whole cold press for 200k

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah you can buy presses anywhere. Where do you think the 98mm 10mm step puck came from? (other industries use that standard too).

If you're that interested in it, visit Sagemax facilities or Ivoclar (but last I check they stopped doing tours.)

Quite frankly, I do not suggest looking into who is a refiner of Yttria/Zirconia ores, you're opening a can of worms that is really not necessary.

More importantly, once you figure out which supplier they are buying from, it doesn't take into account what they additionally do.

(For example, there's Coke and then there's off brand coke. then there's also Pepsi. - they all buy sugar, molasses, etc etc.... but Coke and Costco Coke are not the same right? but they are the same?)

I don't know if that made sense....the way I see it is, you SHOULD know if your zirconia is the same zirconia being rebranded. I think people should also be aware that Chinese zirconia doesn't make it inferior. There are PLENTY of chinese zirconia companies that buy Tosoh powder. But most importantly, you need to find the zirconia that works best for you and your machines and gives you the results you need for your clients.

Look at John Wilson, He is VERY in the know, but chooses and does very well with mostly all ivoclar branded products. In turn it has helped him tremendously and he gets good support!

Same with us and Zirkonzahn or even Zahn. (ha get it? Zahn Zahn?)

But if you're REALLY REALLY interested in this stuff, you'll want to brush up on your materials science and also MAYBE, just MAYBE focus on advances with Alumina ;) - not from 7-10 years ago, but what they can do.

For example, Alumina can go COMPLETELY clear, like full on glass. It's also easier to mill and tolerances are better. The problem was that it was TOO translucent. I wonder if there will be a hybridization of Alumina and ZPEX on the way? - or something like that.

Also, with laser cutting, options are suddenly boundless.

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Chang aurora plus use their awesome stains! Unbelievable results, created by a technician for technicians. Love it!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Chang aurora plus use their awesome stains! Unbelievable results, created by a technician for technicians. Love it!
I forgot about them. Ill have to give it a try.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone have any photos of finished Anterior zirc ? most of the ones ive found in this forum are not intraoral, and the ones that are anterior seem to all be at least a little layered.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Anyone have any photos of finished Anterior zirc ? most of the ones ive found in this forum are not intraoral, and the ones that are anterior seem to all be at least a little layered.
Feeling a bit skeptical?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, i just want to reconcile some facts.

fact 1, few labs would stake their name on a full zirconia anterior unless their lab name is Glidepoorly.

fact 2 because of fact 1 even fewer are willing to give it a chance and put time and effort into it.

fact 3 this is quickly becoming a niche market that any young tech with a mind to startup can break into and steal a lot of cases in an awful hurry.

fact 4 thats going to scare, bewilder, and otherwise cause unrest within the lab world.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
no, i just want to reconcile some facts.

fact 1, few labs would stake their name on a full zirconia anterior unless their lab name is Glidepoorly.

fact 2 because of fact 1 even fewer are willing to give it a chance and put time and effort into it.

fact 3 this is quickly becoming a niche market that any young tech with a mind to startup can break into and steal a lot of cases in an awful hurry.

fact 4 thats going to scare, bewilder, and otherwise cause unrest within the lab world.

If you can match an anterior crown in between 2 natural teeth then you will be in demand.
It doesn't matter whether the crown is monolithic,layered,or sprinkled with pixie dust.

You don't steal anything in this profession. You have to be better and more consistent than the last guy the dr worked with.
If you can do this then you are a lab. If not,then you are just another dental technician.

edit #3 and #4 are not facts.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
you just want intraoral completed anterior fcz pics?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what i'm exactly hoping for is someone who has undertaken the single/dual central, single/dual lateral. fcz no porc.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
what i'm exactly hoping for is someone who has undertaken the single/dual central, single/dual lateral. fcz no porc.
I sort of thought that was the kind of stuff you were doing?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I use Zirkonzahn prettau anterior on some cases when i need to match full prepped centrals with emax veneers with great success would i use it on posteriors ? no i have used it on some small bridges in the anterior region i had 1 cantilever bridge break i made it in normal prettau no probs.Its truly a aesthetic material some of the best looking centrals i have made in 30 years have been done in this stuff but you need to treat it like really strong emax not zirconia.The other advantage of of these high trans Zircs is the excellent gingival response it is much better than emax and vmks my clients have commented on this quite a few times .

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I use Zirkonzahn prettau anterior on some cases when i need to match full prepped centrals with emax veneers with great success would i use it on posteriors ? no i have used it on some small bridges in the anterior region i had 1 cantilever bridge break i made it in normal prettau no probs.Its truly a aesthetic material some of the best looking centrals i have made in 30 years have been done in this stuff but you need to treat it like really strong emax not zirconia.The other advantage of of these high trans Zircs is the excellent gingival response it is much better than emax and vmks my clients have commented on this quite a few times .
Pictures Mr Wizard of Oz, pictures.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I sort of thought that was the kind of stuff you were doing?
what i 'do' is follow rules set out in advance of my joining this company.

what i want to do is overcome and advance.

we buy Anterior zirconia and proceed to layer over it. you know, like making a cheesecake. and then using the cheesecake as a foundation for another larger cheesecake. and then complaining the cake is too big, and blaming the cheesecake maker for not making the original cheesecake less sweet and small.

i need cake.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
what i 'do' is follow rules set out in advance of my joining this company.

what i want to do is overcome and advance.

we buy Anterior zirconia and proceed to layer over it. you know, like making a cheesecake. and then using the cheesecake as a foundation for another larger cheesecake. and then complaining the cake is too big, and blaming the cheesecake maker for not making the original cheesecake less sweet and small.

i need cake.
So you're not allowing enough room for the layered porcelain?

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
i would put photos on but i have a lot of trouble getting them on this site i have tried a few times sorry catamountrob.