2024 most beautiful zirconia

S

Stomatologul

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
What is in your opinion the most esthetic zirconia in 2024 for full arch monolithic or long bridges ?
For 1-3 elements we are using Ivoclar MT Multi or the new Prime Esthetic with very good results , but for longer bridges Ivoclar Prime is not so nice and we wand to change it .
Thank you very much for any information !

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Prime looks like chalk compared to sagemax nexxzr+

S

Stomatologul

Reaction score
Thank you all for the answers !
We tried this week Aidite 3d pro with promising results.
We didnt see the demarcation zone and the white incisal like in Prime.
Also is more translucent
Is surely nicer.
Next week I will try also Nexxzr+ and Aconia, there are available in our country and I will let you know.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:
S

Stomatologul

Reaction score
I think Affinity was thinking to Nexxzr T Multi, this is the Prime correspondent from Sagemax portfolio.
This has all the colours that we need
BL1, BL2, BL3, BL4,
A1, A2, A3, A3.5, A4,
B1, B2, B3, B4
C1, C2, C3, C4,
D2, D3, D4

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont use the nexxzrT much, but yes it is more like the prime. Nexxzr+ has the same multi shades though.
But you asked what the most esthetic was, the T is not esthetic IMO, but it is a good balance of strength and translucency. I use it if I need to mask preps or thin crowns, 2nd molars etc. + for everything else.

S

Stomatologul

Reaction score
I dont use the nexxzrT much, but yes it is more like the prime. Nexxzr+ has the same multi shades though.
But you asked what the most esthetic was, the T is not esthetic IMO, but it is a good balance of strength and translucency. I use it if I need to mask preps or thin crowns, 2nd molars etc. + for everything else.
Thank you !
And what do you use for esthetic cases ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use nexxzr+ on 99% of my anteriors, emax just isnt prescribed anymore, although Im pressing a single central today.. its rare unless its a veneer case.
Its not so much that its esthetically better than other zirconia, Ive used the GC stuff and the Dr loved how translucent it was, but I havent found anything that is as stable with milling or adjusting. Not to mention it is MUCH more cost effective than the GC stuff.. A lot of the other stuff on the market is relabeled sagemax IMO.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I use nexxzr+ on 99% of my anteriors, emax just isnt prescribed anymore, although Im pressing a single central today.. its rare unless its a veneer case.
Its not so much that its esthetically better than other zirconia, Ive used the GC stuff and the Dr loved how translucent it was, but I havent found anything that is as stable with milling or adjusting. Not to mention it is MUCH more cost effective than the GC stuff.. A lot of the other stuff on the market is relabeled sagemax IMO.
thats interesting.
while we have seen a significant uptick in zirc restorations, we still use a TON of ceramics, especially when it comes to a single anterior here or there.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im a very small sample size.. almost irrelevant.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Im a very small sample size.. almost irrelevant.
most certainly not irrelevant! i like knowing the changes by region and it is vastly different from coast to coast. i find it fascinating and a challenge to understand most times. after working on both coasts and in between there are some significant differences in everything from material selections to terminology even. its weird

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
What is in your opinion the most esthetic zirconia in 2024 for full arch monolithic or long bridges ?
For 1-3 elements we are using Ivoclar MT Multi or the new Prime Esthetic with very good results , but for longer bridges Ivoclar Prime is not so nice and we wand to change it .
Thank you very much for any information !
there are a bunch of nice zirconia options out there nowadays. the key is pre- and post- sintering. with things like miyo and soprano and others on the market just about anything will look outstanding in the hands of a relatively skilled technician.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I wonder if with the S1 and S2 using their programs and that they don't use a coffin with beads, if that helps Prime/Prime Esthetic to sinter and look better?

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The oven definitely makes a difference, my dekema does add quite a bit more translucency and 'lustre' hard to describe.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
The oven definitely makes a difference, my dekema does add quite a bit more translucency and 'lustre' hard to describe.
Isn’t that just a temp difference that causes translucency to increase / decrease ? I’m using Argens multilayer and temp definitely matters.

technician

technician

Reaction score
Hello, the only Zi discs I know that have gradient layers with more than 1100 MPa over 50% of the height is
Ivoclar IPS e.max ZirCad Prime and ZirkonZahnz Prettau 3 Despersive. (ZZ has much better chroma then Ivoclar IMO)

So when you have a big bridge that is to be made in ML Zi you have more play room when nesting since more than 50% of the height is more than 1100MPa then you know that you can make sure contact points is in that are and still get the incisal edges in the translucent area.
Personally I think its the best way to do it.
Cheers!
bridge.jpg

gradient ZZ.jpg

Top Bottom