An overdenture to be!.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
image.jpeg The dentist gave these models to study in order to fabricate an overdunture. He dose not know what kind of overdenture he wants except to be screw retained.

I do not do a lot of these cases, but what is you suggestion regarding the type and design on this case?.

The patient has an issue of bruxism, and six implants will be placed. Those two abutments on the model are mini implants and will be removed. Thanks

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
A bit more treatment planning needs to be thought out before placing six implants.
Whats the plan for the mand arch? What VDO do have to work with? How are you basing
the placement of the implants on an edentulous arch?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Thought the whole purpose of an overdenture was to be removeable. Are you talking screw retained hybrid?

A

aqdental

Reaction score
proceed as you were doing a full upper. Establish good occlusal plane and vdo, cosmetic, speech. Lip support etc.
Remove/ crown lower interference. Full upper setup will guide for implant placement. Make screw retained provisional ( you can convert the upp denture if you make one) . Follow progress an based on how everything goes make a decision on what's the best restoration ( economics part).

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I would not proceed until the mand arch has a treatment plan. Loading and occlusion are
going to be an issue.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
View attachment 19809 The dentist gave these models to study in order to fabricate an overdunture. He dose not know what kind of overdenture he wants except to be screw retained.

I do not do a lot of these cases, but what is you suggestion regarding the type and design on this case?.

The patient has an issue of bruxism, and six implants will be placed. Those two abutments on the model are mini implants and will be removed. Thanks
Maybe it's just me...
But
Natural dentition opposing
With a history of bruxing
And a hybrid restoration
Is not good.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
First of all, how can one treatment plan without a set of mounted casts?
Do we even have the room for that hybrid framework, on what abutments, and
then acrylic?
This sounds like a disaster in the making and the lab is going to take the fall for
having 'studied' the cast.
What sort of tooth to ridge relationship are we talking about?
Will there be a need for ridge lab after that?
Getting terminology wrong is a red flag.
Will you be expected to make a interim removable, or screw-retained
fixed provisional? Have you done one before and ready for that type of
headaches and stress of having to 'hold the hands' of the surgeon,
restorative DDS, patient at the same time?
Just my 2 cents' worth.
LCM

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
For God sake, it is not Armageddon, it is a a hybrid zirconia overdenture with limited vertical, that all.Hmmmm2

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The limited vertical is one of the things that makes this case a liability for you.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The limited vertical is one of the things that makes this case a liability for you.
I was kidding as you may know about vertical. Btw I like you colorful avatar. It is Floridian.