AG Introduces New MUST SEE CAD CAM Lineup

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats disappointing. Not sure why someone would spend the big bucks for a machine that the software rarely gets updated. Even if this is a big upgrade, the mind software is more than a year behind exocads latest updates...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
with 750Kw youd be using more power to cut the puck than was used to press the puck.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Thats disappointing. Not sure why someone would spend the big bucks for a machine that the software rarely gets updated. Even if this is a big upgrade, the mind software is more than a year behind exocads latest updates...

Hello Affinity,

As far as I understand the AG Mind software is always only a month or two behind standard ExoCAD, a year seems a bit extreme. Have you called into AG to see if there is an update or the status of your license? I'd be happy to connect you with the right people if you need help looking into this.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have build 5630 from 6/1/2015 .. There are no updates on the updater, so if Im supposed to get them somewhere else it would be nice to know. Almost a year and a half. Newest exocad update was released a week ago.

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I have build 5630 from 6/1/2015 .. There are no updates on the updater, so if Im supposed to get them somewhere else it would be nice to know. Almost a year and a half. Newest exocad update was released a week ago.
Yeah, good luck with branded versions...there's always a push to sell ya the latest iterations vs. upgrading/supporting your existing one...o_O

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I also wonder how you sign up for dentalshare, its on my computer, but no idea how to sign up for it.. I think every reseller has their own login? Is it even possible with ceramill?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I also wonder how you sign up for dentalshare, its on my computer, but no idea how to sign up for it.. I think every reseller has their own login? Is it even possible with ceramill?
I tried to help someone configure AG exocad to use dental share. It is missing all of the files for it in the software. Never found out if they got it to work. They sorta dropped off the map.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
well it opens and runs, but I dont have a login..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yeah i dont get that screen, just the 'ftp' transfer window screen.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
yeah i dont get that screen, just the 'ftp' transfer window screen.
I think there is some info in the exo users group about this. The config files are missing in AG software.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im not trying to be a troublemaker or 'squeaky wheel' really.. its disappointing that the people selling the product here dont even know when the updates come out. If im wrong I will go in the virtual stockades! I love my machine, but enough of the nickel and dime, proprietary BS. I know AG has gotten away from that model, but has still left previous users in the cold.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I don't mind trouble makers and squeaky wheels, that's how things get done or changed.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Yeah, good luck with branded versions...there's always a push to sell ya the latest iterations vs. upgrading/supporting your existing one...o_O
Just to share from the support side of the tracks, We need you to upgrade your software for us to support it. Consider how difficult it is to just support the latest version. If we had to support 4-5 years of different software releases it would be impossible. If your interested in best support, you should follow releases when your support network recommends you do so.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
If your interested in best support, you should follow releases when your support network recommends you do so.
Unless you position yourself, that you're not reliant on any kind of support... ;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Unless you position yourself, that you're not reliant on any kind of support... ;)
I totally agree with you. However, most of us DT's are not all that computer savy. Looking at the number of tech support calls we take in on a daily basis is proof. We now have 31 full time tech support staff and it's bairly enough. I think quality tech support is a must for the vast majority of digital labs. Those that use it love it and would not function nearly as well without it.

Top Bottom