my first milling machine

D

dream88

Reaction score
Hello! I am thinking to buy a cad/cam system. I am between sirona mcx5 and AG ceramill motion 2 for the cad. I am a little confused what is better for me. I am dentist and I am trying to build a new dental lab in my office from scratch. I am new in digital dentistry world. Only experience that I have is working with Exocad, designing bridges and crowns.

In my office we mainly focused to mill Zr and emax restorations.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
why just those 2 machines?

which vendor are you looking to buy from?

why them?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello! I am thinking to buy a cad/cam system. I am between sirona mcx5 and AG ceramill motion 2 for the cad. I am a little confused what is better for me. I am dentist and I am trying to build a new dental lab in my office from scratch. I am new in digital dentistry world. Only experience that I have is working with Exocad, designing bridges and crowns.

If your scanned file is STL you have to pay license fee to covert to CDT files for Sirona to understand. With AG or most any other milling machines you do not have to do that. Some are still closed system. Get informed.

D

dream88

Reaction score
If your scanned file is STL you have to pay license fee to covert to CDT files for Sirona to understand. With AG or most any other milling machines you do not have to do that. Some are still closed system. Get informed.
we are planing to buy the primescan for scanning intraorally, so in that case I don’t think to be an issue. Btw I thought all companies have cad unlocked and can print/mill almost anything. Thank you for let me know.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

Learn more

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and run from those branded "closed" systems wannabe....Get a VHF or Roland or similar, prices are not that different if you negotiate a bit, at least in my case was that....But most important, get a machine from a reseller who has tech magician in their lines...Even if machines is from North Korea it will save you, support, support, support and dont get fooled by sales rep. They will sell you dreams, ask friends, colleagues, do your research...

doug

doug

Reaction score
Don't foget to include the cost and installation of an adequate air supply and suction for the unit. That was an extra $3500. when I setup my system. BTW, if you want a sirona system I can put you in touch with a doc who shoved his into a corner of the office.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Don't foget to include the cost and installation of an adequate air supply and suction for the unit. That was an extra $3500. when I setup my system. BTW, if you want a sirona system I can put you in touch with a doc who shoved his into a corner of the office.
Good reminder, as in my case I didn't have enough room for the size of the compressor I would have needed for the mill I was looking at. I also have a Dr whose sirona system is in a closet...unless he sold it at some point.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Your gonna have a lot of fun milling Zr in your office.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I am planing to do all the design in Exocad. Then the assistants will do the rest. Sintering, glazing staining etc.
Maybe ask the assistants then ?

D

dream88

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and run from those branded "closed" systems wannabe....Get a VHF or Roland or similar, prices are not that different if you negotiate a bit, at least in my case was that....But most important, get a machine from a reseller who has tech magician in their lines...Even if machines is from North Korea it will save you, support, support, support and dont get fooled by sales rep. They will sell you dreams, ask friends, colleagues, do your research...
I read somewhere that sirona have unlocked the cam software so you can mill stl files for free. The reason am trying to buy a sirona or AG is technical support. Also Roland mill with the 6 disks changer was an option but I heard but reviews for those machines so is not in my list anymore.

D

dream88

Reaction score
Ok
I have already installed vacumm hoses, air hoses and distilled water line in my room. (We did that when we renovated the clinic). I prefer to stick with something new not used at this moment. Thank you