Adding to Valplast

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
My sales rep just talked to a client who uses another lab for removables. They mentioned that thier lab can add to valplast. That is new to me unless there is something new I have not heard about. What you say. Thanks

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I am not sure that happens, but I have used the adhesive in Flexacryl to add Coe-soft to make
tissue conditioning that can last for sometime - I am not sure the partial was Valplast or Flexite.
LCM

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We add teeth and clasps to Valplast every day.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Hi, Tom. Anything you can recommend for chairside relines?
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Only "REAL" way to add to Valplast is to inject back to the appliance. Its a pain in the ass and gets billed out at almost the same as a new appliance.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Only "REAL" way to add to Valplast is to inject back to the appliance. Its a pain in the ass and gets billed out at almost the same as a new appliance.
You still are relying strictly on mechanical retention though, are you not?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
No they sell a chemical called VALFUSE, look it up.

Chiolo

Chiolo

Reaction score
No they sell a chemical called VALFUSE, look it up.
That's must be some kind new material used. Normally valplast resin is curing in a physical process.
John, could you tell us more information about VALFUSE? I googled it but no useful result came out.

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
try the valplast Val-Fuse Val-Fuse has been around at least 15 years.
VALPLAST REPAIR SUPPLY - Valplast, Pearson Dental Laboratory Supplies
Val-Fuse Repair Liquid
An interesting slide, I don't know who lucy is but nice job.
Valplast Flexible Partials
I really wasn't going to post but;
Val-fuse nasty stuff, a little pricey it helps with other nylon materials as well (TCS, Flexite, duraflex) but not acetal. Use where you have lots of ventilation and use nitrite gloves. You still have to flask the case, and sometimes it is easier to just jump the case. I still have a little mechanical (I just don't trust i guess),I only use when it was next to impossible to get the anterior the way the patient wanted & expect a little color change around the joint. It is good to have in your trick box but not to use regularly. Be very careful when polishing around the joint overheating can cause pealing.

Note that the Valplast corporation states that with Val-Fuse you should be able to repair with a heat gun & boxing the repair area. I haven't the touch for this.

Duracetal is a Polyoxymethlene Copolymer (Acetal Copolymer) CAS 9002-81-7
Dura flex is a Ethylene Propylene composit CAS 9010-79-1
The crystal structure of acetal really doesn't make for repairs without mechanical retention. It also tends to hollow out during cooling if it is not in a flask with constant pressure during initial cooling.

Last edited:
Chiolo

Chiolo

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir
you always offer helpful informations:first:

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score

That's is the way we do it. If you are going to shoot a cartridge you may as well re-base at the same time. I'm aways amazed how fast a patient can make a valplast look so bad so quick by not cleaning it properly.

j_marks101

j_marks101

Reaction score
We shoot Valplast repairs and rebases very frequently. Tooth additions, clasps, jump reline, etc. Half the cost of processing a new case and we take only 2 days in lab compared to 4 for a new process & finish Valplast. This technique is not new, it's been around for as long as the Valplast product itself. It's a shame more labs don't offer this service, but I guess that's a win for me since I've picked up a lot of new accounts myself just because we do repair Valplast. Since we don't cast metal anymore the Valplast repair process is significantly easier, faster and cheaper than repairing frameworks. Just my 2 cents. Master-Touch Dental Lab - Your Valplast Experts for details on our lab

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
flexite company have a repair kits that i use for add on valplast all the time

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
How do you charge for valplast rebase or repair? Same as rebasing or repairing a regular denture?

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
I do not touch Valplast for repairs-I will add teeth by using braided wire heated and embeded into the valplast and attach tooth to the wire and it works great. If the Dr's wants a new one I have several labs I recommend to them. I have enough headaches in a day, why add Valplast to it!

R

Robbie

Reaction score
Valplast denture, as far as I know, the result will not be good if to add teeth. yes you can do but it will not last long. To reline? just forget it.

jimi

jimi

Reaction score
i make all new valplast partials with largest lingual aprons possible so that if a tooth is lost, i can drill a hole in the apron, then i form a 19 gauge wire hooking through the hole and wrap repair acrylic over the apron and covering both sides of the wire. The new tooth is bonded into the repair acrylic. Works. So far.

Top Bottom