3Shape support....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, I keep getting these files from all over America.

WTF do I tell people? :confused:

This will not print. Absolutly not.

Had to call customer and told them to go over this with 3Shape reseller.
I do not own a 3Shape.

Is customer not doing something correctly after the connector stage, when all the shell pieces get wrapped or fused into one mesh? Why is this not one mesh?

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_anotherjackhole.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_anotherjackhole.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is simple and stupid.

Only would people know if they are running a printer.

Then the problems arise. This would mill just fine on CNC.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We aborted the print job.

The bridge would have ruined everything near it.

Not fault of printer. (Common thing to think)

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0754.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0754.jpg

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
That's crazy Scott. Are those circles on the bridge there when they export it, or is the CAM software you're running putting those their signaling a problem? I know if I design a funky connector 3shape puts those in red telling me their is a problem, but if I know their isn't I go forward and they mill fine. What printer are you working with? We tried using are envisiontec with the 3shape and it was a total disaster. The software needed, CAMbridge sucked bad! Let me send you a couple different bridge designs and see if we can't figure this out so you can inform the techs that are sending you sh*t.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Sometimes when you do bridges for whatever reason it will say 'cannot create combined bridge model' at the end and it will let you continue but there ill be a bunch of red areas. That's probably the error they received before they sent the file to you ;) Sounds like user error though, we're printing bridges all day here on a DP3k and never have any issues or failed builds. We also don't run our files through Magics before printing because they all print fine.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sometimes when you do bridges for whatever reason it will say 'cannot create combined bridge model' at the end and it will let you continue but there ill be a bunch of red areas. That's probably the error they received before they sent the file to you ;) Sounds like user error though, we're printing bridges all day here on a DP3k and never have any issues or failed builds. We also don't run our files through Magics before printing because they all print fine.

I believe the error is a software glitch. Generally, if you reinitialize the connector it will generally fix the problem. The red has nothing to do with this problem. The Red is an indicator that the connector is too small.
Bob

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Not getting water-tight mesh for bridges.

What's the deal?

This usually comes up when you are margin marked on an undercut. No idea why this effects bridge connectors. :)

C

Chris Halke

Reaction score
I think part of the issue, is the general unfamiliarity of how CAD translates into CAM which unfortunately is the result of many labs being unable to invest in the equipment. I would encourage anyone who is using dental software (3Shape, Dental Wings, etc.) to either get some basic CAD books or even take an intro to CAD class at their local community college.