3Shape Issue

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just make sure before you click into the final screen that you click save, This way if it locks up you can get back to where you were with a reboot and rebuild.

If you are planning on doing more of the bigger cases you really at a min need 16gigs we are shopping now to upgrade the main design system to get ready for 2015 final release.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mac to run the Trios unit in the field. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger again, but I think I may have to....

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Your RAM is getting filled up as you do more work. The software should close your earlier projects so as to free up RAM. I dont know if 3Shape does that. Alternative is to add more RAM or close the software after you do a few cases. Before doing any large case always reboot the software.

Lisa90

Lisa90

Reaction score
IM aced out too. No updates unless I buy a bigger computer. Just let me stop upgrading and drop my annual fee...? I wish.
I agree. Let me know what's new on the software and let me decide if I would like to pay for it or not.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
Few things may cause that issue. Insufficient RAM, no space on HDD/SSD, pagefile settings messed up (save is to set it to the same amount as your RAM),hardware fault, virus, incompatible drivers. That assuming it is not 3Shape problem. One think I can say is I have Nvidia card and never had this kind of problem.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Nvidia makes several types of graphics cards. Just make sure you get a GeForce card,

they support the whole line of GeForce cards. You can spend as much or as little as you

want on them.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Nice RKM! Bet it is awesome!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice RKM! Bet it is awesome!

Can't really tell the diference LOL
Running it on my old Dell 32bit that came with my D700.

I maxed out the Ram and added the card but it probably still isn't enough to prevent that friggin "out of memory" warning.

I think the tip about restarting before attempting the big cases is a good one.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You need to upgrade your pc. You have plenty of graphics card, just need better

processing and a 64 bit OS. Key word you said there is "old". New technology

often requires new hardware upgrades.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You're right Ken, I also have a Widows 8 64 bit but I had that problem with finding a dedicated 2.0 usb for the scanner.

I hear windows 10 is more like windows 7 so I may hold out and get that with a new 64bit system. Not sure where to go from here but I will need to upgrade for sure.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You need to upgrade your pc. You have plenty of graphics card, just need better

processing and a 64 bit OS. Key word you said there is "old". New technology

often requires new hardware upgrades.
9yp8F.jpg

right you are Ken!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Hahaha. How hard is it to spell Kent? RKM's "T" button doesn't work...along with a few others!;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's hidden by your enormous P

T

taki

Reaction score
no, i have this same issue and i have every reason to believe it is due to the ATI graphic card. the reason i say this is because occasionally along with the inability to save i get "screenshot cannot be created" which is an openGL thing that ATI cards are prone to not-supporting.

anyway it could also be a windows 8 thing. not sure what you are using.
ATI cards are not fully compatible. Dental Designer utilizes the cuda cores on nVidia graphic cards to calculate, thus if it can't find a compatible card problems may come up...... Dental System 2014 needs 16Gb RAM and a (at least) medium nVidia card with 1 Gb VRAM! Imagine the requirements of the forthcoming DD2015...

T

taki

Reaction score
Just an FYI - I got the screenshot error again. Went into Task Manager and force stopped Designer. Went back to Manager and opened a new file without issue. At least it saved me from having to reboot...
A possible way to do it is to not try "to save and close" but to select save design command and close the designer window, without producing an stl output. Then try to remodel the job and just hit "next" until to reach at the last position, then press the "close" button. It should work. From the other hand a 4 years old PC it is not adequate for Dental System 2014 and on. You need x64 windows to install the x64 Dental System with as much RAM as possible (suggested 16GB RaM)

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
ATI cards are not fully compatible. Dental Designer utilizes the cuda cores on nVidia graphic cards to calculate, thus if it can't find a compatible card problems may come up...... Dental System 2014 needs 16Gb RAM and a (at least) medium nVidia card with 1 Gb VRAM! Imagine the requirements of the forthcoming DD2015...

They recommend 16GB RAM, but saying it needs at least 16GB is not 100% accurate. I have 16GB in one of our machines, but I have run it on 8GB machine and it was absolutely fine. Sure more RAM helps if you want to design several restorations in one go, but if you do not do that 8GB is sufficient and shouldn't cause any problems. I have usually 3-5 3Shape designs and 3-4 Sirona designs open and I am yet to see it using my 16GB of RAM.