3Shape Issue

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
This started happening about 10 days ago ( no recent upgrades) -

Every 5 or 6 designs, at the very end of the process when the program usually does the final save, it just doesn't. I have to go into task manager and shut the design program down, and restart. Most of the design work is lost depending upon when the auto-save happens.

I've taken to saving the final design, but I still have to go through the shut down / restart if the program bugs out during the final save.

Any suggestions?

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
What version of Dental Manager are you using?

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
hmm that is strange. I have yet to come across that issue. Who is your re-seller?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I would contact your re-seller first and let them know what's going on so they can

report the bugs to 3Shape. That way if it starts happening to others, they can have

the bug fixed for the next update. That's how all glitches/problems should really be

handled with 3Shape.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I did that. They advised me that I had insufficient RAM. Okay, I would kinda buy that except I've been using the same computer for 4 years with no issues, and now I don't have enough RAM? I'm certainly no computer jockey, so if someone could explain that, I'm all ears...

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
As the upgrades happen, the software gets more taxing on the computer and it's

process abilities. You have to keep up with the software needs in order to run

the program. Want me to hop on with you and take a look at it RJS? We can

do a team viewer session if you want.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I did that. They advised me that I had insufficient RAM. Okay, I would kinda buy that except I've been using the same computer for 4 years with no issues, and now I don't have enough RAM? I'm certainly no computer jockey, so if someone could explain that, I'm all ears...
The newer updates require 16GB RAM. has to do with the integration of Implant Suite.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, i have this same issue and i have every reason to believe it is due to the ATI graphic card. the reason i say this is because occasionally along with the inability to save i get "screenshot cannot be created" which is an openGL thing that ATI cards are prone to not-supporting.

anyway it could also be a windows 8 thing. not sure what you are using.

user name

user name

Reaction score
IM aced out too. No updates unless I buy a bigger computer. Just let me stop upgrading and drop my annual fee...? I wish.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You don't have to upgrade, but you do have to pay the annual fee.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
no, i have this same issue and i have every reason to believe it is due to the ATI graphic card. the reason i say this is because occasionally along with the inability to save i get "screenshot cannot be created" which is an openGL thing that ATI cards are prone to not-supporting.

Yeah - I get the screenshot message occasionally. Had forgot about that. As for the updates - we did that several months ago and I had no issue until 10 days ago....

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Here is what I got off the PDF for implant studio. I would suggest getting the recommended settings.

Implant Studio System Requirements.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would be more concerned with someone wanting to hop on with you to give you more ram.:eek:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If it is not auto saving, wouldn't that be a lack of ram issue?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
that seems awfully overpowered for implant studio. i have DICOM-reading software that utilizes a lot less footprint.

Just saying...it's going to run smooth with the specs. You don't buy a ski boat with a

4 cylinder motor in it hoping to go fast. Buy the one with the 8 cylinder in it and have fun

and not even think about it. You'll have the power when you need it.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score

I'm starting to get the screenshot error more frequently, and I have to completely reboot the program to move forward. Yo don't happen to have any workarounds for this, do you? Thanks -

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Just an FYI - I got the screenshot error again. Went into Task Manager and force stopped Designer. Went back to Manager and opened a new file without issue. At least it saved me from having to reboot...