3Shape Implant Studio

S

SamanthaADS

Reaction score
Hi all - asking for a dentist client:

If someone were to have Implant Studio purchased from a particular reseller/implant manufacturer that was "locked down" to be able to design using only that manufacturer's implants...

Would it theoretically just be a matter of contacting other implant manufacturers and asking them to upload their implant library/design files to the software? Or is it that they truly lock down the software to keep others from uploading their implant libraries?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Samantha

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont have implant studio but i do have 3shape, and i can say its not that easy to lock up 3sheep. i can't imagine implant sudio being much more different.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Sure...it's an open system. As long as another manufacturer has a library, they should be able to import it and have them manufacture the guide per their system.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Having used 3Shape Implant studio a bit, when I go to the download center it shows me all the possible brands of attachments and implants (and their matching sleeves),now I would find this very tough to lock up because its in the software's main control panel so its really easy to access it. When you go into the Implant studio there is a download center / implant library, when you access this what does it say?