3shape diagnostic mode

user name

user name

Reaction score
This might be a can of worms better left unopened, but does anyone know how to open 3Shape diagnostic mode, and if you do...and have...how do you do it. Im having some issues, and tech support will be on the phone with me in the AM, but I want to try something first.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this is something i have never done, and would also be open to.

00 any advice? ELT?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Describe your issues for us...I don't know how to enter the diag mode...I do things a little different... I suggest you install an event logger on that PC prior the techy guy goes online...you gonna learn a lot...maybe you could tell us how to do it then...;)

user name

user name

Reaction score
I did a scan and it looked like the model was in a different position every sweep. I tried to run a calibration, but it would just freeze up. I got three different error messages...too few calibration images for camera O, no dot plate data, and dot feature extraction failed. Im lost.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you are having some very strange errors, mister.

i might be tempted to uninstall the scansuite and try again. maybe even uninstall the scanner driver and let it re-install when you plug it back in.

might be.

wait and see what support says.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Tech support just tried to update driver and install newer version of software (not sure what..) but no go. Waiting on call from 3shape.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Do you have the 32 or 64 bit version?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
im tellin you, ive had these same problems. luke is right, reinstall scanserver... you need to delete your calibration file, and have it write a new one. and reinstall the pgr camera drivers

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, diagnostics are done. Rotation tests failed. Scanner is out of warranty and needs mechanical repairs. Over night shipping on a loaner...$$$. good thing Im having a big month. There goes the money. Maybe vodka will help.

user name

user name

Reaction score
3shape, outsource partner, license due, tax man...jump in line. looks like its gonna be a gangbang.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yikes

hang in there bob!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd bet that is nothing major...maybe some dirt accumulation and/or lose/broken cabling... Too bad that they gonna charge an arm and a leg for a simple fixing...:rolleyes:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would just take it apart and clean it up. im sure its nothing major also. could be a small piece of stone jamming it from moving around.

I hate to sound like *** here.. but these scanners are a bit of a POS.. I tried to use the multi-die scanning plate.. its sitting here in pieces.. it just fell apart, it wont go back together.. its a joke. It doesnt even work anyway.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I hear people having issues with their 3 shape stuff and I wonder how well they take care of their stuff.

I am sure I will get kicked in the nuts tomorrow for bragging but I have to say I have had ZERO issues with my 810 since I bought it (3.5 years). While the multi die scanner does work and I have used it in the past I feel it was a waster money on this feature. The newest scan server features make big case easy and the software is getting better with every revision. I do not regreat this purchase at all.

Bob I hope its like many people said just a simple fix.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks John..I think I take good care of my stuff. I had contacted the tech at my reseller just a while back with an issue, and had mentioned that it sounded like it needed some lube. When the 3shape girl was on the phone running diagnostics she heard through my phone the scanner running and asked if that was it growling. Yup. I appreciate everyones input, but Affinity...I don't have the nerve to take a wrench to it. Computer stuff could just as well be magic to me. Im less worried about the costs than I am going a day with out my scanner. Ill be anxious to see how much over night shipping is on that big heavy box.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
if youre out of warranty what do you have to lose by opening the case up? Pcguru

John, Ive used the multi die arm one other time, its not for lack of care.. its brand new, and it just fell apart. It never scans the right die anyways. Looking inside where the metal sleeve attaches, its glued on.. or was..