3Shape Dental System 2016

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Thanks, Kent. I was getting itchy about upgrading to 2016, as it sounds like it's the 2015 version that "works", but maybe I'll hold off until you all are up and running with the 2016.
Approximately how long do you think it will take you all to get up to speed with the 2016 version, 2 weeks, a month?

I know we're working on a new library now that we're going to be releasing pretty soon...I'm not sure yet

of the official release date, but it should be compatible with 16 if I'm not mistaken.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
There is still the nasty bug of if you have to rescan a die after the case is already designed, it throws the design off along with the bite. FML that one is nasty!

wait a minute did you NOT use the 'align to previous scan' or does this happen EVEN when you that?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We scanned and designed the case. Then had t reduce facials of #6 & $11. Simply reset case to scanned, then ran through the scan and scanned the new adjusted dies in. Then the design and bite was wacky. The same bug exists in 2015 sometimes. I have a feeling it has to do with ScanItDental.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
then ran through the scan and scanned the new adjusted dies in

right and when you started the scan did you click Align to previous scan ? when you Don't align to previous scan i find it always gives this orientation screwup. but when you say yes, often it just doesnt recognize the new margin but the crown is still in the right place.

unless this is a major change in the 2015+ versions.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Don't see that option in scan it dental my friend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
I think that prompt was dropped in 15+ versions (or it's hidden somewhere that I haven't figured out yet).

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ok well, i guess upgrading is still a no-go.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
But here is a new feature in model builder.
model builder new feature.JPG

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Nice tissue retraction.:confused:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this looks like a set of tools that mimics iTero's 'guess the margin under the tissue flaps' "feature"

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
Better guessing... that's the ticket!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice tissue retraction.:confused:

I know right. But this doctor has zero issues so far.

Model Builder still has a bug on upper and lower cases you can only select one arch to final sculpt.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I know right. But this doctor has zero issues so far.

Model Builder still has a bug on upper and lower cases you can only select one arch to final sculpt.

mOfHuyW.gif

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Any positive/negative experiences with 16.2.0 yet?

I just got the installer, haven't seen a changelog yet. If it's just a bugfix version, I'm tempted to throw it in and see how it goes.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Any positive/negative experiences with 16.2.0 yet?

I just got the installer, haven't seen a changelog yet. If it's just a bugfix version, I'm tempted to throw it in and see how it goes.

Nobel doesn't except files on 2.0 yet. Otherwise the T shortcut works and some new fixes and feature but nothing to be a deal breaker, split file with two MFG's is now fixed.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Nobel doesn't except files on 2.0 yet. Otherwise the T shortcut works and some new fixes and feature but nothing to be a deal breaker, split file with two MFG's is now fixed.
Our Nobel stuff is milled in house. That shouldn't be affected, right?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Our Nobel stuff is milled in house. That shouldn't be affected, right?
No, your in Canada and should be fine to mill universal base in house it is just the outsourced files. But not sure on straumann and others that use 3shaoe to send files for milling. Usually within a month of a release they are ready, except for when they launch a new year version then maybe a few months. Extract the installer using winrar or win zip and within that folder find the what's new and have a read to see if it is worth it for what you do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Thanks. The change notes PDF mentions ScanSuite 1.0.9.5 - is the DS installer upgrading scansuite on its own? 1.0.9.5 isn't yet available as its own installer.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Thanks. The change notes PDF mentions ScanSuite 1.0.9.5 - is the DS installer upgrading scansuite on its own? 1.0.9.5 isn't yet available as its own installer.

Ah looks like the installer has 1095 wrapped in it.

Top Bottom