3Shape Dental System 2016

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
So the first version of Dental System 2016 is out (16.1.0) - has anyone set it up in a test bench yet?

I'm assuming it's essentially more like a 15.6.2 or 15.7.0 than a huge upgrade despite its version renaming. Most features listed in "what's new" section are prefixed with "Improved", and I didn't notice anything that was actually new. Which is a good thing.

I'll probably give it a whirl in a test setup this week. Knowing there's still some issues with 15.6 are people who are running 2015 planning on upgrading any time soon? :)

Edit: Sirona .3se support is nice although SW15 can export stl. I assume you can get margins with .3se - does the colour texture export too?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3se support has been around a while. i never checked the colour, i never needed it.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
3se support has been around a while. i never checked the colour, i never needed it.

Ah. Never noticed it; it used to involve a separate licence I thought? This is how they state it now in 2016 notes: "Import of Sirona scans (3se files) has become free as a part of LABcare™." But my import section had it in there already.

Edit: Tested it, no colour, closed bottom models

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just installed it on my new Dell 8900 yesterday. Finished importing all my DME files in today and got a few designs through it. Beware!!! If you are sending any Nobel Biocare and Straumann they might not be set up to recieve 2016 files yet, so you might want to wait on the upgrade to 2016. I did a test file today to Nobel at 2:45 and it is still uploading to Nobel at 9:13 at night. I have not yet upgrade my production line to 2016 but will be export 2015 file to design with the 2016 design platform through out the week.

But lets get to the good stuff.
Fixes:
1:Spline cut across arches with designed crowns in the spline path no longer gets cut, the cut is retained to just the crown you are working on.
2: Cutback spline on pontics no longer go wacky, but this was fixed in 2015.6.0.
3: Installation of 2016 is 100% smoother and faster. Downloading of documentation and splint designer are faster.
4: D700 scanner dramatically faster in scan times.
5: Seem implants freezing hasn't happened yet.

New features:
1: When doing anatomical crowns you now have options as to the type, facial reduction, lingual band etc....
2: New design options for margin design for faster design time by like 5 seconds LOL.

Much more but just off the top of my head these are what I can think of, too excited major bugs are fixed I cant think straight. Excited to get more design pushed through along with a All on 6 i have to play with for a demo case.

Some pics of the control panel new feature for RPD and so on.

215 control panel
2015 CP.JPG
2016 control panel
2016CP.jpg
2015 design options
2015 Design Options.JPG
2016 design options
2016 DO.JPG

Whant new PFD.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh14xbl8fhhi4pg/What's New_English.pdf?dl=0

A few bugs but easy fixes are Argen Rev 25 Ti abutment DME had a inner limit error on the Nobel replace platform, fixed it by installing the rev 24 DME.
When installing for some reason installer didn't install Scansuite on a clean first time install, if updating you don't have to worry cause it is still the same version as 2015.6.0. Or you can use winrar and extract the installer and find scansuite inside there under applications and install it manually.

But when import xml files of for re-importing of cases it seemed to do it much faster then 2015 and even 2014.

If I can find some more time tomorrow maybe I can do a quick video of the facial reduction feature on anatomical crowns.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm surprised there is improvements for the D700.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
ScanSuite installers beyond 1.0.9.4 are not yet available as a standalone download either, so I'm wondering if there's some extra work they're still doing before those are good to go.

This really seems like a stability/improvement/bugfix version from 15.6 which is definitely a good thing after 2014->2015 chaos :)

We have some scan stability issues that I'm hoping will get fixed in the future scansuites. Now that we're back to relatively quick version schedule after major update, there should be updated ones coming soon.

Did you extract and run the new scansuite? I assume there wouldn't be speed improvements if you didn't.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
ScanSuite installers beyond 1.0.9.4 are not yet available as a standalone download either, so I'm wondering if there's some extra work they're still doing before those are good to go.

This really seems like a stability/improvement/bugfix version from 15.6 which is definitely a good thing after 2014->2015 chaos :)

We have some scan stability issues that I'm hoping will get fixed in the future scansuites. Now that we're back to relatively quick version schedule after major update, there should be updated ones coming soon.

Did you extract and run the new scansuite? I assume there wouldn't be speed improvements if you didn't.
Yes I extract the installer using winter, then navigated to the application folder and extracted the scansuite 1.0.9.4 and installed it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Let's say the d7xx series. Definitely faster then using 2014 and ScanItRestoration.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

Well, there is still A LOT of them out there, so why not make it compatible? As long as they're working,

I don't see people trading them in right?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Well, there is still A LOT of them out there, so why not make it compatible? As long as they're working,

I don't see people trading them in right?
Nope those D700's are mini tanks. Rock solid work hourses.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Been running 2016 for 3 days...no real issues as far as production goes. one minor bug on a design today but got around it.
One of the client PCs is slow in dental manager but that could be a network issue I need to resolve. otherwise nothing to report.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Ah. Never noticed it; it used to involve a separate licence I thought? This is how they state it now in 2016 notes: "Import of Sirona scans (3se files) has become free as a part of LABcare™." But my import section had it in there already.

Edit: Tested it, no colour, closed bottom models
Does the cerec dentist need to pay for a 3se output add on?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just installed it on my new Dell 8900 yesterday. Finished importing all my DME files in today and got a few designs through it. Beware!!! If you are sending any Nobel Biocare and Straumann they might not be set up to recieve 2016 files yet, so you might want to wait on the upgrade to 2016.

I believe this is also the case for Vulcan Milling, in receiving 2016 implant files. Maybe Kent will confirm this? Maybe it's the case for most of milling centers in general, like Zfx, too?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Does the cerec dentist need to pay for a 3se output add on?

I don't think so. My inLab has the option for all our clients, I think that's just lab end feature and unlike stl, it's there by default.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
New in 2016 as well, the smooth tool level has been increased to 2.00 from 1.00.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I believe this is also the case for Vulcan Milling, in receiving 2016 implant files. Maybe Kent will confirm this? Maybe it's the case for most of milling centers in general, like Zfx, too?

You won't be able to send it through the inbox, but you can still submit the proper output files

on the order form on our customer portal and we can mill it from there. But as far as from 3Shape

so far on 16, no.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You won't be able to send it through the inbox, but you can still submit the proper output files

on the order form on our customer portal and we can mill it from there. But as far as from 3Shape

so far on 16, no.

Thanks, Kent. I was getting itchy about upgrading to 2016, as it sounds like it's the 2015 version that "works", but maybe I'll hold off until you all are up and running with the 2016.
Approximately how long do you think it will take you all to get up to speed with the 2016 version, 2 weeks, a month?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
New in 2016 as well, the smooth tool level has been increased to 2.00 from 1.00.
Ha. Underperforming smooth tool was one of my pet peeves of 2015 vs. 2014, I think I finally got used to it over the last few weeks.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
There is still the nasty bug of if you have to rescan a die after the case is already designed, it throws the design off along with the bite. FML that one is nasty!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What about the anatomy pre design? I've done most of my work there on a case today and had to completely

redesign it. Split file 3 abutment and singles on top. Made me so mad because it was a challenging case that

I got to look pretty darn good...then had to redo it all. Banghead

Top Bottom