3Shape 2015 v3 problems

T

terry5442

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with 2015 v3? we just installed and had nothing but problems.
order form isn't correct, my scans are not being picked up by my nesting computer, etc.
any advice?
Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have issues but not those. Explain more on what in the order form isn't right? And why would your nesting PC look for scans? Unless it doubles as a design station. More in depth on your issues please.

Also 215-3 or 2015-3.1?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
my D2000 is a paper weight until I can get the occlusal transfer plates, anyone actually using them?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
my D2000 is a paper weight until I can get the occlusal transfer plates, anyone actually using them?

What articulator plates? I have a set of Custom Panadent plate I am having Machined just waiting to get them back and and calibrate them with the occ table transfer plates. They are easy to use, But you only need to use them once then your done calibrating that type of plate.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
the occlusal transfer plates - the coffee grinder thing that lets you transfer into the D2000 without needed a bite.

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with 2015 v3? we just installed and had nothing but problems.
order form isn't correct, my scans are not being picked up by my nesting computer, etc.
any advice?
Thanks
I'm working with 3Shape. Have you tried contacting your reseller's support? If that doesn't help, contact me.

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
You can purchase occlusal transfer plates - talk to your reseller. The plates you can get are:
Artex, Whip Mix, SAM and KaVo

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
You can purchase occlusal transfer plates - talk to your reseller. The plates you can get are:
Artex, Whip Mix, SAM and KaVo
you're thinking of something else.

I mean the coffee grinder apparatus that lets you squish the models together and then scans based upon set base height not bite.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
you're thinking of something else.

I mean the coffee grinder apparatus that lets you squish the models together and then scans based upon set base height not bite.

Once you get it or have it you need to calibrate the those plates and then it works pretty good. I do not use them but the idea of sandwiching the model to get bite to scan automatically makes no sense, it has to be the perfect mounted model to work really good. Plus with the fast speed of the D2000 the extra 6 seconds to scan the bite is not a huge loss.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Once you get it or have it you need to calibrate the those plates and then it works pretty good. I do not use them but the idea of sandwiching the model to get bite to scan automatically makes no sense, it has to be the perfect mounted model to work really good. Plus with the fast speed of the D2000 the extra 6 seconds to scan the bite is not a huge loss.
it's more about what i want than what's better lol. I was sold on the idea of using the plates, vs our traditional gluing and jigging stuff to fit.

From what i understand, the plates are a set distance, when you squish the models, you're making it within tolerance or something of that nature. So it is always consistently using the same height to measure where things need to be.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
it's more about what i want than what's better lol. I was sold on the idea of using the plates, vs our traditional gluing and jigging stuff to fit.

From what i understand, the plates are a set distance, when you squish the models, you're making it within tolerance or something of that nature. So it is always consistently using the same height to measure where things need to be.

Here watch this.

T

terry5442

Reaction score
I have issues but not those. Explain more on what in the order form isn't right? And why would your nesting PC look for scans? Unless it doubles as a design station. More in depth on your issues please.

Also 215-3 or 2015-3.1?

There is a "external lab information" box in the upper right that I don't need and can't get rid of. Also there are problems with the design tools, re: the measure thickness button is measuring distance to neighbors instead!
another problem is that when working on multiple units, when switching from say, upper to lower units, it removes all designs on the one you are switching from.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
There is a "external lab information" box in the upper right that I don't need and can't get rid of. Also there are problems with the design tools, re: the measure thickness button is measuring distance to neighbors instead!
another problem is that when working on multiple units, when switching from say, upper to lower units, it removes all designs on the one you are switching from.

You can't remove or hide the Exterrnal Lab window.As for the oppossing arches it's a huge clitch. Your best to set the designer to 2014 then scan it in and design it that way, if you switch it after scanning cases in the bite sometimes gets wacked out and you have to re run through the scan again.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Does anybody know if or when Straumann will get their head out of their a$$ and let us mill out vario-base restorations? I was happy with my 2014 version, but I did an update to 2015 15.4.1 and no more vario-base for me! It's not a huge deal cuz I only have a few accounts that want it, but it's stupid since it was ok to mill scanning with 2014. Also if anybody has scanned and sent to Straumann, does anybody have a price for a FCZ from Straumann? Thanks.

p.s. it's been awhile since I've been on here, no I didn't quit or die or anything, great to be back and talk with my fellow DLN's!!

T

terry5442

Reaction score
You can't remove or hide the Exterrnal Lab window.As for the oppossing arches it's a huge clitch. Your best to set the designer to 2014 then scan it in and design it that way, if you switch it after scanning cases in the bite sometimes gets wacked out and you have to re run through the scan again.

how do I reset the designer/scan module back to the 2014 version that we previously used?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
how do I reset the designer/scan module back to the 2014 version that we previously used?

When setting up an order, in the middle is a box that says what version you're using. click the drop down and select the 2014 module. this allows you to design with the 2014 version, which is oddly more user friendly and easier. I thought that the update of having the margin connected would make it faster, false. You can de-select that option in the control pannel, under design settings. It helps not having it connected right away

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
on a more technical note... you don't.
u can design in previous versions.. but that won't help you do the implants you used to do

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Does anybody know if or when Straumann will get their head out of their a$$ and let us mill out vario-base restorations? I was happy with my 2014 version, but I did an update to 2015 15.4.1 and no more vario-base for me! It's not a huge deal cuz I only have a few accounts that want it, but it's stupid since it was ok to mill scanning with 2014. Also if anybody has scanned and sent to Straumann, does anybody have a price for a FCZ from Straumann? Thanks.

p.s. it's been awhile since I've been on here, no I didn't quit or die or anything, great to be back and talk with my fellow DLN's!!

This is why my d700 is still on 2014 and my d2000 is on 2015. FDA is what changed 2015, you gotta deal with it. Have you tried calling starumann and asking them?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom