3Shape 2015 (15.5.0) Issues

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
3Shape isn't going to be able to help you if the library isn't approved. There's nothing you can do until the approval goes through for that library.

That's the part I don't understand in the whole issue; that library works fine for (vast) majority of Canadian customers, but not for everyone. Why do some need it to be approved, some don't? Why isn't Nobel aware of this, and why wasn't any level of 3Shape support in North America and Denmark aware of this a couple weeks ago? Why didn't mr. Bruce Frederic jump in and explain what was going on? It's mildly frustrating.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
That's the part I don't understand in the whole issue; that library works fine for (vast) majority of Canadian customers, but not for everyone. Why do some need it to be approved, some don't? Why isn't Nobel aware of this, and why wasn't any level of 3Shape support in North America and Denmark aware of this a couple weeks ago? Why didn't mr. Bruce Frederic jump in and explain what was going on? It's mildly frustrating.

That is a good question. It should be working in Canada right? I didn't realize you were there...sorry.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
According to the FDA, you're not worthy!

Wayne_s%20World%20-%20We_re%20not%20worthy.gif

Andy B

Andy B

Reaction score
I can confirm the new library dme from Nobel Biocare is broken on version 15.5 , works fine on version 15.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Implant companies are not going to be on point with every new release of a 3Shape software. They are not like PC software companies that make new drivers for the new release of windows. It took nobel a long time before they started to except files scanned on a D2000. You took the risk of upgrading before things were in order. It's the name of the game. That's why you have a dummy pc on the side for testing the new stuff before introducing it in to productio

3Shape isn't going to be able to help you if the library isn't approved. There's nothing you can

do until the approval goes through for that library.

Kent Nobels library is FDA approved way before 2015 was launched. Same with Straumann. But in 2015 the only in house library I have gotten to work is Glidewell and Argen. Straumann Variobase doesn't work cause it is not cleared.

This is why I have a 2014 on a D700 to do them, nobel, straumann and Implant direct and MIS for in house milling of ZR Ti bases. Everything else is done on 2015.

Andy B

Andy B

Reaction score
Yep always good to have it running on a couple of pcs , one running legacy , just in case .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
For our 15.6 upgrade, I did a test before upgrading our production environment; it wasn't working before and it isn't working after, so no difference there.

Nobel not being on point a year later is effectively saying 'Just use NT Trading parts, they work just fine. We can't be bothered'

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
be careful. as of yesterday Windows10 is set to automatically download and install to all win7, 8, 8.1 users as an automatic update.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like we should have Windows Update set to: Download and let me choose, or Check for but let me choose... from now on in windows update settings, as to not have it automatically install.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you might as well have it turned off completely. this default means they will no longer support windows 7, 8, 8.1 with updates or security patches. they want you into 10. complete with tracking of the highest level. and worst of all, if it detects youve turned off tracking it re-enables it quietly, every so often.

completely completely unfair push.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
this default means they will no longer support windows 7, 8, 8.1 with updates or security patches.

Windows 7 SP1 support continues until 2020, Windows 8.1 until 2023. Yes, they're pushing Windows 10 much harder than they should be at this point, but users of older versions will get their updates for years to come.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
oh, i see. thanks for that.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sounds like we should have Windows Update set to: Download and let me choose, or Check for but let me choose... from now on in windows update settings, as to not have it automatically install.

Once you get everything updated and system is running fine. No need for further updates. Disable windows updates and never until needed. I do this with all my pc's in the lab.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Once you get everything updated and system is running fine. No need for further updates. Disable windows updates and never until needed. I do this with all my pc's in the lab.

You mean, everything is humming along, Windows, software, 3Shape etc everything is running stable, then windows pushes out their update, and now we start having glitches...yes, agree.

For now, I have all my PCs set to download but to let me choose what to install, and I only install the Critical ones, and sort through the Recommended and disregard the Optional ones (47 on my 3Shape PC, which includes a lot of unnecessary language packs).

Notorious for messing things up, can be the graphics card driver update, that windows would automatically install, only to get monitor flickering, studdering etc.

It's probably a good idea, Sevan, especially for our scan PCs.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score

If the PC is not connected to network, that would be fine. If they are, that is bigger risk than allowing automatic updates. Severe Windows update issues are quite rare compared to severe malware infections in non-updated machines.

If you're extremely cautious, you could schedule your updates for Friday nights. That would give plenty of time for MS to recall anything faulty that was released to be fixed before going forward. Most security patches are released on Tuesday. If something still does goes wrong, you're facing weekend giving you some extra time to figure out what's going on.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i doubt very much brucie worked for 3shape to begin with.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Just a side note, we have a server running good ole' 2.9.9.5 so we can do our Nobel cases. This too stopped working with odd licence errors; I can do anything else on there except implants. It behaves like we don't have an implant seat at all, although it works for non-Nobel ones under 15.6.0. The seat is marked available but 2.9.9.5 can't see it.

I can't say for sure if this was borked with the 15.6 upgrade, but be cautious if you have a single dongle you use for 2014 too.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i doubt very much brucie worked for 3shape to begin with.

CHL, he does work for 3shape a well known employee of 3shape confirmed this for me when I got hit up by Bruce for my 2015 rant when the released 2015.2.0.

Top Bottom