3D Frames

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
For now, how many suppliers have become direct competitors this last decade? Almost All. Can't think Argen will be different for long.
They’ll have to change their website then.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
They’ll have to change their website then.
We'll have to see. I hope you're correct though. Other suppliers vowed lab support only to shift in the wind. Following the money...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We'll have to see. I hope you're correct though. Other suppliers vowed lab support only to shift in the wind. Following the money...
I don’t think they would risk their market share of outsourcing to labs when the market for dentists is considerably smaller.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I don’t think they would risk their market share of outsourcing to labs when the market for dentists is considerably smaller.
how do you figure?

labs are reselling the product to dentists anyway, so the total number of units remains the same whether they are sold to a dds through a lab or whether argen sells them bypassing the lab.

since every unit ultimately ends up in the hands of a dentist, why should argen limit themselves and limit the profit made by artificially bottlenecking themselves?

labs resell their 38$ argen crowns for 99$, why shouldn't argen turn around and market directly to dentists and recoup that 61$ ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
how do you figure?

labs are reselling the product to dentists anyway, so the total number of units remains the same whether they are sold to a dds through a lab or whether argen sells them bypassing the lab.

since every unit ultimately ends up in the hands of a dentist, why should argen limit themselves and limit the profit made by artificially bottlenecking themselves?

labs resell their 38$ argen crowns for 99$, why shouldn't argen turn around and market directly to dentists and recoup that 61$ ?
For the same reason Bud Light thought marketing to a woke audience would somehow expand their market share.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
For the same reason Bud Light thought marketing to a woke audience would somehow expand their market share.
Anheuser Bush Stock is up since the right wing tried to quit drinking bud light

heck, kid rock still drinks it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Anheuser Bush Stock is up since the right wing tried to quit drinking bud light

heck, kid rock still drinks it.
My point is that Argen’s business model and mission statement is to support labs.Changing that runs a risk of losing their base and they really don’t have a presence elsewhere such as with dentists. I’m not convinced that market is all that large.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
My point is that Argen’s business model and mission statement is to support labs.Changing that runs a risk of losing their base and they really don’t have a presence elsewhere such as with dentists. I’m not convinced that market is all that large.
Not with unfinished crowns anyway - I don’t know any dentist that wants to train themselves plus their assistants to fit finish and stain / glaze zirconia. I don’t see much if any profit doing that on the dentists end unless you’re a very large operation. The market for it must be pretty small. In saying that though, I don’t think Argen would lose lab business if they did venture out into that market.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I agree, we have been their base and foundation since the beginning, then to "throw us under the bus" for seeming greener, or greedier pastures for Dr's also, would make me a little angry. Besides, aren't dentists doing more chairside like Cerec, or in-house in that regard?

T

Timfillo

Reaction score
tried slm multiple times, not thrilled with it at all. major fit issues
We own slm printer and found slm frames are much better than casted from 3d printed wax or hand made. Probably your software settings. We do some in lab and some send to China for design and found their frames fit better.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I agree, we have been their base and foundation since the beginning, then to "throw us under the bus" for seeming greener, or greedier pastures for Dr's also, would make me a little angry. Besides, aren't dentists doing more chairside like Cerec, or in-house in that regard?
Agreed, if a dentist wants to make his own crowns, he’s not going to wait 48 hrs , he’s going to wait 45 minutes .
You’re right, just about every lab would go elsewhere if Argen marketed to dentists.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Agreed, if a dentist wants to make his own crowns, he’s not going to wait 48 hrs , he’s going to wait 45 minutes .
You’re right, just about every lab would go elsewhere if Argen marketed to dentists.
Maybe some business would go elsewhere, but Argen certainly wouldn’t be the first… plenty of labs still use Atlantis

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We own slm printer and found slm frames are much better than casted from 3d printed wax or hand made. Probably your software settings. We do some in lab and some send to China for design and found their frames fit better.
admittedly, it has been some time since i tried slm for frames
but
i dont have a need any longer, as we mill our frames in house now. it may have been my software/settings, but i had countless issues with argen across a multitude of their digital products. (and i like argen, had some superb training from Norbert Deupner back in the day...now i feel extra old)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
its prob me!
i strive to be as awesome as you but i fail miserably!
I’ve learned to send the files to people smarter than me. It turns out I have unlimited options 🤓