3D Frames

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
Does anyone in here have any experience designing frames and sending the design out to be printed or milled? if so what's that process like? Is it a viable way to get a cheaper hands on frame or is it gonna be the same price as if they were designing it? Cant find much on the search bar for outsource in house designed frames just to be milled or printed so any help or comments about it would be apprciated!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3drpd or panthera are your best bet right now for printed/milled denture frames in Ti.

a lot of places don't offer this due to high cost and low demand.

Matt SLM printer

Matt SLM printer

Reaction score
We actually do this service. Outsource design and print. If you are interested you can call +13055196013

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone in here have any experience designing frames and sending the design out to be printed or milled? if so what's that process like? Is it a viable way to get a cheaper hands on frame or is it gonna be the same price as if they were designing it? Cant find much on the search bar for outsource in house designed frames just to be milled or printed so any help or comments about it would be apprciated!
we do this for a handful of other labs. sometimes frames, sometimes all ceramics, sometimes zirconia....etc. its not something we openly market, but mainly through word of mouth. i would imagine many other labs do that too.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but I’m wondering if anyone else had a lot of fit issues with slm ? Milled alloy from Argen fits flawless for me but the slm was awful
I’m referring to slm partial frames which fit perfectly from an IOS.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but I’m wondering if anyone else had a lot of fit issues with slm ? Milled alloy from Argen fits flawless for me but the slm was awful
tried slm multiple times, not thrilled with it at all. major fit issues

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We currently design all our frames and then metal print them until we purchase our own printer. The results take some time to narrow down and get right but once you have the required specifications it becomes much easier.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I’ve found the slm frames I get have same rate of not fitting as hand cast. For the most part my slm frames are pretty decent. 99% success . @evanosu with Mabel lab has always been helpful in the few cases where frames have had issues.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You guys suck
How the hell do you have fit issues with slm frames?

Last edited:
D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I’m trying not to suck homie. Taking longer than I’d like. All my frames are still from traditional impressions. But when I have 3 docs doing everything the same way and everything is clicking month after month after year and all of a sudden get a string of frames that don’t fit, 🤔, I have to explore all options.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I’m trying not to suck homie. Taking longer than I’d like. All my frames are still from traditional impressions. But when I have 3 docs doing everything the same way and everything is clicking month after month after year and all of a sudden get a string of frames that don’t fit, 🤔, I have to explore all options.
I know you don’t suck but for some reason when I receive an IOS for a rpd , send it out for design and then send the stl for an slm. They fit perfectly. I’m using a filament printer and the drs are telling me these are the best frames they ever delivered.
3drpd’s frames were a bit tight and thicker than Argens. I beta tested Argens and had only one that wasn’t polished enough.
Now they are dialed in and I don’t have to worry about it.
I will never go back to or accept an impression of any kind again.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I know you don’t suck but for some reason when I receive an IOS for a rpd , send it out for design and then send the stl for an slm. They fit perfectly. I’m using a filament printer and the drs are telling me these are the best frames they ever delivered.
3drpd’s frames were a bit tight and thicker than Argens. I beta tested Argens and had only one that wasn’t polished enough.
Now they are dialed in and I don’t have to worry about it.
I will never go back to or accept an impression of any kind again.
I like this business model until the docs wise up and realize they can just send it direct and cut me out of the pic. At that point I’ll have to explain I only do acrylic work on my own frames. (Frames that I’ve sourced ).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I like this business model until the docs wise up and realize they can just send it direct and cut me out of the pic. At that point I’ll have to explain I only do acrylic work on my own frames. (Frames that I’ve sourced ).
I’ve put that question directly to every dentist I have trained and not one of them have any interest in doing it themselves.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I’ve put that question directly to every dentist I have trained and not one of them have any interest in doing it themselves.
Come to think of it, Argen only works with labs so I don’t see the problem here.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Come to think of it, Argen only works with labs so I don’t see the problem here.
lmao

you can't be serious

argen sells trios

they are a trios partner

ergo they work with doctors too

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
lmao

you can't be serious

argen sells trios

they are a trios partner

ergo they work with doctors too
Argen Canada sells Trios not Argen USA.
I suppose an in house lab could send to them but that’s about it.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
For now, how many suppliers have become direct competitors this last decade? Almost All. Can't think Argen will be different for long.