Origin Intelligence Scanning Video

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
First, thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I think it's a real service to Origin just getting their product exposed in a personal and hands on way. It's something no advertising can come close to.

Also, if you are going to do more of these, you may want to check out livestream procaster to capture what is on your screen directly. Unfortunately, it will tax your computer so the performance which is seen on screen will be slower than reality (unless your computer is a beast). It's a snap to use and while it is technically "broadcasting live" on your channel on livestream.com, it also saves a nicely compressed version on your computer which you can then upload to youtube. It's pretty slick, and it integrates with webcams so if you want to show something in person, then switch to what is on your screen its seamless. Oh, it's free too which makes your channel have lots of commercials on it but since no one is watching your channel and it saves a clean copy on your local machine, who cares?

Procaster, Free Live Streaming Video Software, Stream Webcast, Webinars, Vlogs

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
cool.

Lab is too quite. LOL

need audio to tell viewers what steps you are doing.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
***, I have a file I want to send to you. Had it converted to STL. Everything ok in your neck of the woods?

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Jason, thanks for taking the time to share......Now, WHERE'S THE MEAT ?
Now that you have everyone's attention, can you share a design video with sound, showing the tools that make this scanner so fast to design ?

Charles

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Thanks here as well... we're seriously looking at this system, and this is really helpful. Difficult to choose between 3shape and origin intelligence scanners though... any thoughts?

toothdesigner

toothdesigner

Reaction score
im looking for someone to make abutments on camlog implants. 3-shape or sirona can do so im told. please respond. thanks, toothdesigner

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I will make a video of a few full contour designs minus the scanning phase. It is pretty slick design software. I just ordered a sintering furnace so I can do my own staining etc with Bruxzir as well.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I also wanted to mention That I used the Multi die holder to scan my dies instead leaving them in the model and pulling out the adjacent teeth. If you don't use the Multi die, you don't have to do the snap to step for the preps. I also scanned the actual articulated model instead of a putty matrix antagonist. I will post a video using those methods and see if there is much difference in total scanning time.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Find Holes

Cool video!! try using find holes at the end, it helps finding missing digital voids on die preps.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Your scan data is larger than 3Shape and DentalWings files.

(We received a file from exocad from someone? You?)

Very nice data!!! Tons of triangles, very dense!

2x the data of a 3shape scanner.

Just about as good as 3M. Which is too much data for any 32 bit OS anyway.

Koreans are kicking some as5 in the 2010s. (Scanner unit)

The software is from Europe. (eh. ?? I guess it's good. Not like modern video games, but O.K.?)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yep *** I sent you that today. I thought mine was running 64 bit? I will check and see. I know its a 6 core cpu but that wouldn't make a difference.. Korean scanner with European software. What a motley crew;)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
no, I mean all 3M software has been 32 bit so far.

Most CAM is 32 bit still. The large 3M files just choke the 32 bit software for CAM and Rapid-prototyping. Your's is vey close to annoyingly too much data.

No way I could tell just from a scan what Operating System you have.
I'm sure you are running Windows 7 and 64 bit.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Yeah, its Win 7 64. Too much data is a good thing......right? I was reading a thread awhile back where you posted some screen shots of a coping mesh from your scanner. You still have more point density than mine? I will say my fits are awesome!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, we should make a "DentalLabNetwork" master scan jig to test for data.

I'll think of something good we can pass around the US and scan.

Should be interesting. I think I have just the right thing in mind.

But, nobody should ever touch the object with bare hands, or the test is finished.

It will have a base that be handled, but don't touch the top. LOL

I'll go ahead and start a thread tommorow on this subject. I will include a Sirona Blue scam...I mean scan, and a 3Shape, and a 3M scan.

We can compare visual rendering on-screen and the total number of triangles. One scanner will stand out as the most true-to-life representation of the scan jig. The scan jig will be so detailed, that no scanner will be perfect. It has very very small text in raised letters. Made in scannable Dental Stone. 1cm diameter. Closest one to real shape wins?

I think this will be easy to judge on the internet.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm game! Send it to me and I'll scan it and then send it to whomever you want mento next;)

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
sounds fun... looking forward to the results

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Thanks here as well... we're seriously looking at this system, and this is really helpful. Difficult to choose between 3shape and origin intelligence scanners though... any thoughts?

Not that difficult in my opinion. If you don't want to spend the extra money then get the origin. If you want a system that you know is on top (and will continue to be) then get the 3Shape.

Top Bottom