Headache with ZirkonZahn Modellier + Medentika

ItsKeeN

ItsKeeN

Reaction score
Just kinda venting I guess? For the last 4-5 weeks i've had this screw retained crown making me and my doctor scratch our heads, calling ZZ support everyday and although they're great, they aren't able to solve our problem. For whatever reason, ZZ doesn't like to work with everyone and include the implant+model libraries. We've contacted friends that use native Exocad to send us these files and some of them are able to be installed(the wrong kind),others dont. We've gone to straumann and medentika reps and ask them for these files or find them on their site. After all these new libraries, our problem still persists.

We did an IO scan with medentika scanbodies, brought it into Modellier, select what scanbodies we're using and align it perfectly to our scan. Design the crown. Try to make a model off of that and get an error saying we don't have the implant library so we can't make a model. ZZ support helped us many times creating a model with a slot for our lab analog. Print the model, clean, cure. Pop the lab analog in, put the ti-base in our crown, and insert. Every time, the tooth sits 2-3mm higher than the occlusal plane. First we thought the analog wasn't fully seated due to not clearing out the resin in our models before curing. Tried again and got the same issue. Drilled a hole in the model to see if the analog is going down all the way to the ledges that stop the analog from going further. They're fully seated.

We tried scanning with Nobel scanbodies and got the same issue. I'm goin crazy. I have like 10 printed models for the same case.
Just hoping my boss will upgrade us to native Exocad soon and hopefully that fixes it.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
What's the part number of the Nobel scanbody you're using? Is it the Elos one? With or without the IO?

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
@ItsKeeN
Are you sure you're using the appropriate scanbody and therefore indexing it appropriately in the software? Bc from the sound of it, you're trying to use OEM Nobel scanbody, when you should be using the ZZ scanbody for Nobel

Are you trying to restore using a medentika 'E/ F/ Kseries' tibase or Nobel U-Base?

I've never had a problem restoring Nobel with ZZ, it's actually one of the easiest ones...

I mean shoot, I've had implants from distant lands show up and can still restore them without a scanbody. Scan in the ti base on the model as a tooth prep, and punch a hole in it to make it screw retained, or leave it as cementable...

G

Globaldental

Reaction score
What Settings do you use in ZZ Modellier Model Creator ? I use a offset of 0,063 on the horizontal model analog ofset

Top Bottom