Origin Intelligence Scanning Video

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Not that difficult in my opinion. If you don't want to spend the extra money then get the origin. If you want a system that you know is on top (and will continue to be) then get the 3Shape.

so the difference in accuracy isn't significant?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Think the origin scanner is very nice. The cheaper version is a locked system though. Unlocked it is around 21,000. I have found it necessary to have an unlocked system and unfortunately will be sending back my origin scanner. For the extra few thousand dollars I will have to go with 3shape. Once again everyone, the scanner etc is very nice so nothing against it.

Scott W

Scott W

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
pardon the novice question (having not done any actual research) what is the output file type and size?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Thanks for this Jason, I WANT THAT SCANNER :)

Already got a quote for it in the UK £15k (unlocked)

Software looks suprisingly slick, thats the re-branded Exocad right?

Also did you have any time to do a full contour crown via the 2 model artic scan?

How accurate was the occlusion?
Thanks.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
pardon the novice question (having not done any actual research) what is the output file type and size?

Could be encrypted or open stl format I believe.
Depends on purchase contract and vendor.

FIle size for one molar was 3,800KB I believe. (stl format)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Paul, it is very slick;) I heard the scan times are getting faster with each update. I did the mounted model articulation scan for all full contour crowns. I may have miss understood the question. It is around 21000US here unlocked.

Luke, I have an STL file I can send you of a full contour crown.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
oh, nice. you could give a direct comparison between the two then. will you be getting the D800?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Harmony, I am seriously thinking about it. The origins at 7500 was a no brainer but the unlocked at 21 or 22 puts it pretty close to the 3shape systems. Really making me think.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
holy cow!! 3800kb... my 3shape dcm's are averaging 390kb for full contour.

my STL outputs are about 1250kb for the same case.

crazy xD

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I did the mounted model articulation scan for all full contour crowns. I may have miss understood the question"

What i meant was lets say if you put centric stops on the tooth in the cad with an articulated opposing, did the centrics come out close with the milled crown? or was the bite way high and had to be extensively ground ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Oh I see. On the money;)

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
so it's 21k with no yearly software licensing fee... or 30k with 2k+ yearly licensing fee...

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
There is a licensing fee. Don't quote me on it but about 2000 a year. And it is around 21000 unlocked.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Check out the Maestro3D;) pretty slick CAD software. It ships with exocad but they are working on something else.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
was told that exocad had no license fee, you just buy updates as and when you want em?

maybe this is something the distributor are adding?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Hmmmm...let me get the correct info from B&D. I may be mixing up the fees between theblocked and unlocked. Locked is no fee unless you do less than thirty units a quarter. That was to help with them absorbing fourteen thousand or more dollars of the scanner though. There may be a fee added from the distributor for the unlocked version to cover support or something.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ok, talked to Hyrum at B&D. The unlocked version is 21,000
With no licensing fee. You have to choose and pay for any upgrades and the impression holder if you want it. I deal with Hyrum Anderson at B&D and have to say he really knows what he is talking about. He will be able to take care of any questions you have.

Top Bottom