CDT..to be, or not to be (from ortho forum)

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike:

Talk to me like I am a 4 year old...
What questions do you want me to answer?
Spell it out for me like..

1. What is the reason......

2. Why do you feel....

and so on.....I will try to answer everything you ask if your questions are very clear.

I called Space Maintainers to complain for you, they said you were very abusive to the staff and they would rather not deal with you. I not running off crying anywhere but anger is not the answer either.

Your fight really is not with me, I am not Space Maintainers California.
You cant seem to let it go and I don't know why.
I will take the heat and stick it out but I don't think we are getting anywhere with all of this. I rather talk about laser welding or one of Teofil's new designs but ask the questions and I will answer.

Regards,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
Check out the past posts of mine regarding SML.
Not amazing they would lie.
Not amazing you would back them up either.
The staff at SML was very helpful and called back with what info the people in charge would allow them.
Again, check out the past posts, the peole in charge ( Steve Gross) are impossible to defend.
Thanks again for clarifing your 2 faced stance.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike:

I never took sides I just tried to make everyone happy.

You ask me to look back at the posts but I really don't see what questions I have not answered. You do seem to have a angry side and I can see you being a bit nasty on the phone... but I did not take sides.

As for me self promoting what do I have to gain? I don't have an ego as my close friends don't work 12 hours a day and have bigger houses, better cars and will send their children to better colleges and retire before 70!

Ask me specific questions or let it go....

L

labdude

Reaction score
Thanks again for your clarification of the past issue of poor service.
Fortunately, it is not a wide spread practice to lie. As in now you say, nasty on the phone.
Neither of us (you or I) were nasty, or even close to it, on the phone.

Sad you must take such a weak and tasteless stance when you have no other.

Your inability to comprehend direct, and indirect questions and statements are not my problem.

I will never let go the talk of things I have learned. I will always support and stand for,and behind, people who are honest and open.

What I say about SML is just from experience. What others have said is the same.
Also the words of experience concerning CDT, NBC, and NADL.

I have nothing to let go of, I will always continue to discuss issues.

If you percieve that discussion as problematic, then, the choice is yours to do nothing or respond.
Why ask Travis to remove his site so you won't get into uncomfortable discussion?

I would rather be sharing in ortho, I see this as only a temporary thing. There is already a lot of info here now regarding the issues I have an interest in.I enjoy that info being placed here so others can read and make up their own minds about these things.

No, I don't let go of some things. I put them in the back ground once the info gets to the point of repeating itself to much.
So...no... I won't let go of talking truthfully.

How about starting that CDT issue down in the area of "Certification".
There are forums there for CDT, RDT, and MDT discussions.
You might find some support for a CDT certification there.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You might find some support for a CDT certification there.

Cough.....Cough....Doubt it. I call it my 120.00 dollar yearly mistake. But do I have a choice in the matter? No, because I have clients in Kentucky, South Carolina and Texas, and since NADL pushed the dental boards into making it law to have a CDT license to do business there, I have to keep it. What a flipping joke. A monopoly of BS, with the biggest traitor being the president of the flipping organization.

Sorry Don, hate to deflate your tires on the CDT program, but it was intended to be a milestone or a higher learning achievement, NOW it's become a goverment regulation.........and that my friend is BS.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Rob:
No hard feelings taken.

I have a friend getting ready to take the practical exam for the 3rd time.
I have an employee practicing her skills every extra minute she has so she will be ready next May for the practical. It means so much to both of them.

I never looked at the CDT program being more goverment.

I did reach out to the NADL to respond here to the offshore issue, will they I don't know.
They did and do report on it in the JDT and they did get it in the National News when lead was found in the crown. It is my feeling they don't support offshore labs and as I said they are pushing for full disclosure by the lab to the dentist and by the dentist to the patient. I am not in a position that I feel I can say more about it as I am not a Board Member and have been out of the loop for a while.

Have a great weekend,
Don

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I never looked at the CDT program being more goverment.
Don

Don, come on brother, WAKE UP!!!! Who do you think is meeting with the FDA regulators? Why it's your own NADL who is going to propose more rules for you to follow without any concern for what it's members want, which is? For them to push the ADA to regulate their Doctors....Period.

I mean come on Don, if I want to eat a snickers bar, soon I'll have to join the snickers bar eating association before I can even purchase one, which will have a members fee, then most likely tell me how to insert it into my mouth and how to chew it. I hate to sound childish, but sometimes if I break it down barney style for some people, they will get a clue.

As for helping your techs become CDT certified, I think it's great, like I said before, the initial start of of the CDT certification started out wonderful, it started out as a milestone and a way to achieve and be recognized amongst your fellow technicians. That's the reason I went and got mine 10 years ago. However, now it's become more than that, a government agency, a lobbyist group, with King DSG China Joe running the show. That's what I got a problem with. You think the FDA would be doing anything if NADL wasn't pushing them so hard? I highly doubt it, and what is the NADL doing pushing state Dental Boards into making only CDT's be able to own/operate/start a dental lab. Then the NADL wonders why the U.S. Dental labs can't manufacture enough product to service the U.S. population........geez whiz, I wonder if it could be all the mandates (soon to be federal) that the NADL has pushed forth through the states. Then with all the mandates, the only labs that can comply are the ones like DSG, Glidwell, etc... It kills the open market by eliminating the competition (small labs) because they can't afford to comply to all the ridiculous mandates suggested by the NADL. Are you waking up?

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Rob:
I am not qualified to answer for the NADL and I do hope they respond but I think the FDA approached the NADL not the other way around. I think from what I read the NADL after being approached decided to be proactive not reactive. The FDA thing started before offshore labs, I think it might have begun with Sleep Apnea appliances...you can see I am writing I THINK a lot ...sorry I don't know for sure.

Anyway I cant be of any value to his thread as I don't have all the facts. I appreciate yours, Mike's and the others passion and I respect (even if I disagree with) your views.

I am going to take a break from posting on this and other issues and concentrate on planning my first vacation in a long time. If you get a response from the NADL someone email me please.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Don your clearly not reading the posts here.
Quote from Travis post...right here in YOUR thread...

Maintain credits every year? So many people I know loose their CDT because they cant get the time nor do they have the money to go to these expensive classes.

Joe Gerace, CDT President of NADL
Dental Services Group, CDL, DAMAS

This jerk off supports China Labs. This is our spokes person? This guy represents US technicians?

I call bull****.

Great Thread by the way.

L

labdude

Reaction score
This is it right here...everyone....what I'm trying to say and put forth.
Quote from Rob....
It kills the open market by eliminating the competition (small labs) because they can't afford to comply to all the ridiculous mandates suggested by the NADL. Are you waking up?

This is Don Inman's true agenda here. Put forth as sweet and kind. Don't you want to be accepted?? Don't you want to be qualified?? Don't you want to join up??

As Rob stated, it was a good thing the CDT, it's gone bad. Rob joined 10 years ago. The folks I talked to 30 + years agon knew it then as regulation, not a step forward to better quality and service for a patient.

Those who don't are clearly the enemy to this guy. Kind as he TRIES to be, it is an agenda.
He is trying to create an invisible enemy, cause fear in this enemy, and have all unite against it. I'm not sure the spelling....but the guys name from the past who used this tactic is Herbert Goring.

Now...he says..."have a great weekend" "I have to go have my vacation now".
Typical run and hide, he will be back, we will be waiting.
While it distracts from real growth through sharing at this site, it has to be dealt with or we will be walked right over by this 2 faced behavior.
Stand up, stand up for yourselves.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Rob,
I'm not sure when Texas decided to make it required for a CDT to work for a Texas account. I don't have any in Texas anymore. I let those go in 1992 when I moved to Oregon. My choice to slow down by not having employees anymore.
My move now, if I had a Texas account, or one from another state that required a CDT would be to drop those accounts.
This doesn't help your employees obviously. Tough spot.
As I said before as well, if I'm forced into obtaining a CDT, then I have to.This is all I know to do for a living.
I hope it doesn't go that far.
mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Don,
Taking a break. What a light way to walk away from an issue.
An issue you brought up.
Interesting you say "I can't be of any value to this thread".
You come here, start trouble, then admit your lack of value and display it with your cut and run tactics....repeatedly.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I'm not sure when Texas decided to make it required for a CDT to work for a Texas account.
My move now, if I had a Texas account, or one from another state that required a CDT would be to drop those accounts.
This doesn't help your employees obviously. Tough spot.
Looks like according to the rules if you had your lab before Sept. 1 1987 you do not need to have a CDT working on your premises.
As far as i know a dentist/orthodontist here in Texas doesnt have to worry about if a lab has a CDT or not in Texas or out of state.
It is up to the lab to resister their lab with the "Texas State Board of Dental Examiners" ( i dont belive out of state labs need to register with Texas)
But to register with the state you need to supply the name of a CDT ( and their number) that works on your premises at least 30 hours a week.

I belive that all the Dentist /Orthodontist has to do is mak sure there is an name in the prostetic device. ( see rules)

Here are the rules for Texas labs:
its a good read
Texas State Board of Dental Examiners

D

dentcre

Reaction score
beeing a cdt in texas has its advantages, for instance they have shut down at least 3 dental labs that setup in town at cut throught prices ,they didnt last a month before the borad came and shut them down.

I guees it bring the industry to another level of competition and protection.

but the china deal is kind of hiting the need for techs to justify
certification , i mean why will they comply if the gov. lets china labs
work for the US with slave labor and crap ..etc etc

someone will probably sue the regulating states

Last edited:
yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
I believe that if an out of state laboratory wants to work with (legally) a dentist from the state of Texas they need to follow the same rules that in state laboratories do.

I am not sure what happens to the dentist if they are using an out of state lab that has not registered but I do know there is nothing the Texas board can do to the out of state lab. I believe there is a fine they have to pay if they get caught. I hope someone from the state of Texas can let us know the rules.

I have had a couple of dentists contact me about working with them on cases but I always make sure they know that I do not have a CDT nor am I registered with the state of Texas and if they should get caught then the burden lays solely on their shoulders.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Bill, you gave great advice to your clients. What you said is correct to them. However, I don't know the specific penalties to the Dentists for the 3 states (TX, KY, SC) that do require CDT license. I do know I have to provide my CDT license to these three states dental board every year though (with a fee of course, damn racket) to do work for Dentists in these states.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Like I mentioned in my Howdy thread, I got into DT in 1986 so I wasn't privedged to see what the mind set was for those pushing to license
Texas labs (back then the internet wasn't invented and all we had to go on was the editorial section of LMT magazine :)
That said, I always wondered what the real motivation was..... That same year the school of dental tech. down in Wacko (that's what we call Waco
in Dallas) closed for whatever reason, perhaps due to not enough people signing up who knows.
Since there is usually politics and greed somewhere nearby in these things,
I wondered if the Sunset Law (licensing Texas labs) was lobbied for and passed to limit competition from start up and out of state labs.

FL

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi FL,
I REALLY hope they didn't place the Sunset Law to limit competition. That kind of thing has been stated by another person here now, then they edited it out. Said, it makes for less competition then, we get higher prices for ourselves and make more money.
Absolutely no the way to do things. Stomp on creativity and somebody wishing to start up.
True, a person could get the CDT and do it right in those states that require it. Cade is doing it like that and just plain making things easier for himself in Texas. I would do exactly the same thing. Like they say, you can't fight city hall.
Bottom line is, NADL,CDT, don't do what they say. They do collect a fee for most everything.
What I find humorous is over at the NADL site, if you want more info that they have on lead in crowns, you have to join up. And pay a fee, of course.
This is twisted. We'll give you updates on health issues, if you give us money. Someone who is a member over there could maybe copy that part, and paste it here.
Mike.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Oh geeeee, I didn't know someone got edited over this subject already.
These are just my thoughts (kind of like putting a 50 piece puzzle together).
One of my denture buddies and I were discussing dentures over on that site you mentioned when I naively asked him how much he was getting for a reline.....well that got an eighty post thread deleted..... I've turned a new leaf no more controversy..... I'm going back to work.....

FL

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi FL,
The person edited it themselves. I get an e-mail of everything that is posted, so, I see what they edit out sometimes.
I don't have a heavy hand unless profanity is used. That gets a warning, then a vacation. Except, name calling, I don't like name calling. Doesn't get anywhere.
That is pretty touchy, asking hoiw much. Guy could just say it's not to be told, or ignore you, or post it. Why so touchy over there?? Maybe some control freak in charge.
I have posted my entire price list here, as have others. I need to renew the link to it, I've changed the password. After putting it up tough, nobody really seemed to care to much. Got a bit of "You don't charge enough" stuff. Mostly people were kind and just remarked about low prices. Then posted theirs, they weren't that much higher.
Then as the thread went on, some were pretty close when you factor in how shipping is handled, and other little goodies.
Mike.

Top Bottom