emax outsource labs

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for outsource lab for emax? I will be purchasing exocad system and am looking at outsourcing my emax instead of pressing inhouse. Trying to maximize the scan and cad system purchase and increase my production. I've talked to Wieland Mill. Most outsource labs handle zirconia only. Would appreciate your thoughts.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Dale Dental in Texas used to, in not sure if they still do or not.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i am presuming you dont $ owe on your pressing system any more....so why would you spend $ on outsourcing emax? its not really cost effective IMO, its inferior results, and takes longer.
mill the wax, invest, press. you can even mill the sprue on the wax so you just attach to the former. easy peasy!

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
I do own my pressing system. I was just thinking it would be a labor saver (I do all the waxing, pressing, fitting to model, etc, one-person lab) if I outsourced it. I was not happy with the emax milling I did with my CEREC compact mill and stopped doing it in favor of pressing. I don't have the option of milling inhouse anymore. I was thinking the newer, larger mills are more accurate than my old inLab compact mill. So, am I not assessing this properly? I look for advice on justifying the investment into exocad +scanner. More of my clients are getting scanners of one type or another so I assume it is good to be able to directly accept the files.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I do own my pressing system. I was just thinking it would be a labor saver (I do all the waxing, pressing, fitting to model, etc, one-person lab) if I outsourced it. I was not happy with the emax milling I did with my CEREC compact mill and stopped doing it in favor of pressing. I don't have the option of milling inhouse anymore. I was thinking the newer, larger mills are more accurate than my old inLab compact mill. So, am I not assessing this properly? I look for advice on justifying the investment into exocad +scanner. More of my clients are getting scanners of one type or another so I assume it is good to be able to directly accept the files.
one man lab here too. once upon a time I sent out emax to be milled. very dissatisfied with the results. the milled results are less desirable than pressed (and weaker). what I found works best for me is....scan/design and mill the wax up. mill it with a sprue attached, then invest, press, stain and glaze. this works well for most monolithic emax cases.
my bad though, I thought you were still able to mill. maybe send design files out for wax milling or printing?

as far as investing in a scanner...for a one man lab, time is the commodity you will get. learning curve to begin with of course, but long term it will help free up time.

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Most of my few remaining clients like layered emax and PFMs. I imagine that in the future I will be doing more full contour. I guess I can design and send out for the waxup to be milled, then press it. I agree that I like the pressed emax fit better. Thanks for your comments.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for outsource lab for emax? I will be purchasing exocad system and am looking at outsourcing my emax instead of pressing inhouse. Trying to maximize the scan and cad system purchase and increase my production. I've talked to Wieland Mill. Most outsource labs handle zirconia only. Would appreciate your thoughts.
One of DLN's sponsors does them. Check out http://www.rutherforddentallab.com, here's their Crownbox ad for e.max https://www.crownbox.com/products/51-1-ips-emax.
I've been very happy with the zirconia restorations that they have milled for me, that I scan and design with Exocad.

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Ivoclar mills them for like $44 plus $10 shipping

A

adl

Reaction score
Ivoclar mills them for like $44 plus $10 shipping
Outsource your singles, keep in house your multiple units cases.and if you are still to busy then outsource them all