Zirconzahn M5?

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
Hey all!! Anybody here have any info on the M5? Do you own or operate an M5 milling machine? How's the quality? Is it worth the money? We're buying one and having it flown In from zz this week and wondering if you think there is a better miller? Better quality or ease of use? Anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

G

grantoz

Reaction score
The machine is very reliable ive had one for six plus years very few problems you can repair most of it yourself.It just chuggs along like an old v8 ,still out performs most mills in what you can actually mill in complicated design.It mills a bit slow but it just keeps going with minimum chipping.relax you havnt done your money

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The machine is very reliable ive had one for six plus years very few problems you can repair most of it yourself.It just chuggs along like an old v8 ,still out performs most mills in what you can actually mill in complicated design.It mills a bit slow but it just keeps going with minimum chipping.relax you havnt done your money

Where do you base the assumption that M5 out performs most mills ?? I can name at least 3 mills that perform a lot better than M5 .

G

grantoz

Reaction score
All right drizzt name them i can almost time the reponse.the guys lab has just purchased a new machine what is he going to do send it back.the machine is a good one I know in the past you have never been a fan of the m5 fine.By the way do you own an m5 if not how would you know what it was like.I will stand by its reliabilty serviceability and accuracy.I have have tried other machines vhf sirona and i have had people who own imez icore machines ask me to mill stuff for then because their machine couldnt do it.For their price the m5 is a good tuff machine that in my lab has been going great for 6 plus years every day.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
All right drizzt name them i can almost time the reponse.the guys lab has just purchased a new machine what is he going to do send it back.the machine is a good one I know in the past you have never been a fan of the m5 fine.By the way do you own an m5 if not how would you know what it was like.I will stand by its reliabilty serviceability and accuracy.I have have tried other machines vhf sirona and i have had people who own imez icore machines ask me to mill stuff for then because their machine couldnt do it.For their price the m5 is a good tuff machine that in my lab has been going great for 6 plus years every day.

I don't disagree with you . You are a 100% satisfied costumer . But as you said , it fits your lab . I hope it fits in our friend's above lab too . ZZ is a good machine as you say , but if I were buying ZZ milling machine now , I would go for the M1 . I had several cases done with a M5 , and was not impressed . Average result , not bad , not extraordinary . I consider M5 outdated . Why pay for a milling machine that has lab handpieces , instead of a proper cnc machine with a heavy duty spindle ?

Also I have heard truly horror stories regarding reliability and service . But this can't be objective . Too many variables of what could be wrong with a milling machine . So I am not convinced that is unreliable or reliable .

Oh , and the stuff you have milled for other labs that they couldn't mill with their imes icore machines , it is all about CAM software . Nothing special on milling machines . Tell them to buy Sum 3d .

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we have a M5 as well. Handles large cases better than what's out there. ZZ of course is more pricey. But very reliable.

Rick1230

Rick1230

Reaction score
We also have an M5 for 4 years . Is grown with time.
( Wet , metal , ...)

Certainly not the fastest maschiene but very nice results .

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what this thing can do! Thank you[emoji1]

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you . You are a 100% satisfied costumer . But as you said , it fits your lab . I hope it fits in our friend's above lab too . ZZ is a good machine as you say , but if I were buying ZZ milling machine now , I would go for the M1 . I had several cases done with a M5 , and was not impressed . Average result , not bad , not extraordinary . I consider M5 outdated . Why pay for a milling machine that has lab handpieces , instead of a proper cnc machine with a heavy duty spindle ?

Also I have heard truly horror stories regarding reliability and service . But this can't be objective . Too many variables of what could be wrong with a milling machine . So I am not convinced that is unreliable or reliable .

Oh , and the stuff you have milled for other labs that they couldn't mill with their imes icore machines , it is all about CAM software . Nothing special on milling machines . Tell them to buy Sum 3d .
Very good points! I'm actually familiar with a couple of the machines mentioned but your point of views are very much appreciated[emoji3]

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
We also have an M5 for 4 years . Is grown with time.
( Wet , metal , ...)

Certainly not the fastest maschiene but very nice results .
Exactly what i wanted to hear! We'd be milling about 12 to 18 full zirconia a month so if its a bit slow I think it will be just fine. Also did you go to a zz learning center for learning to use this machine? Online? Whats the best Avenue to learn everything about this machine

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
we have a M5 as well. Handles large cases better than what's out there. ZZ of course is more pricey. But very reliable.
That's awesome we have some tricky cases and we need something that can handle specific cases. How did you learn your machine? A training center? Hands on? Whats the best Avenue for me to learn this machine through and through? We have a zz center here in California about 2 hours away from San Diego

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Very good points! I'm actually familiar with a couple of the machines mentioned but your point of views are very much appreciated[emoji3]

Don't get me wrong my friend . I don't have anything against Zirkonzahn . For me there is no ''best'' machine out there . There are machines that fit each lab's needs . My lab doesn't have the same needs as your for example ! So for me the perfect machine is the machine that will cover your lab's needs . if you are doing 20 fcz per month , then any machine out there would be great for you . Some would even say that you don't have the numbers to justify buying a milling machine . But at the end of the day , it is your decision and I am sure you will be happy with your ZZ M5 !! Please , keep us posted !!

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong my friend . I don't have anything against Zirkonzahn . For me there is no ''best'' machine out there . There are machines that fit each lab's needs . My lab doesn't have the same needs as your for example ! So for me the perfect machine is the machine that will cover your lab's needs . if you are doing 20 fcz per month , then any machine out there would be great for you . Some would even say that you don't have the numbers to justify buying a milling machine . But at the end of the day , it is your decision and I am sure you will be happy with your ZZ M5 !! Please , keep us posted !!
Definitely, my friend! We're planning on doing work for a few other offices around the area. Here we are a private dental implant center with the lab attached. Surgery is done right next door to me. We will be the first to mill our own stuff! Kinda exciting. I just really hope it's profitable. I will keep you all posted for sure[emoji106]

G

grantoz

Reaction score
We do 20 30 units a day and have done for 6 years .by the way people don't understand the advantage of multiple spindles if your cnc spindle breaks down you cant mill .if 1234 of your spindles break down in your m5 you can still mill.by the way they arn't hand piece spindles they are heavier than that.Go and do training at a centre if you can its a lot quicker learning curve.You dont hear much about the m5 etc on this website i never really understood this.The m5 would be my 1st choice in my lab and the m1 would be my 2nd if i needed 2 mills because the ability to mill even if you are down a couple of spindles.No mater how good the back up is if you only have 1 spindle you are going to loose valuable milling time replacing it.

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
We do 20 30 units a day and have done for 6 years .by the way people don't understand the advantage of multiple spindles if your cnc spindle breaks down you cant mill .if 1234 of your spindles break down in your m5 you can still mill.by the way they arn't hand piece spindles they are heavier than that.Go and do training at a centre if you can its a lot quicker learning curve.You dont hear much about the m5 etc on this website i never really understood this.The m5 would be my 1st choice in my lab and the m1 would be my 2nd if i needed 2 mills because the ability to mill even if you are down a couple of spindles.No mater how good the back up is if you only have 1 spindle you are going to loose valuable milling time replacing it.
Nice output, buddy! You must have beautiful work[emoji106] are they all on 4 finals? That's mainly what we'll be doing. Or are units singles? I never worked C&B but that's probably what you meant but I really hope we spent the money for a reason if we don't have a high output then it seems like to much bang for my buck. We might have done ok with an M1. I will def keep you all posted. Post pictures, etc.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
rcamarena they are of combo of both c&b and full arch.let me know how you go and again go to zz california teaching centre its worth it or better still go to bruneck eat ,ski and learn its great there.

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
rcamarena they are of combo of both c&b and full arch.let me know how you go and again go to zz california teaching centre its worth it or better still go to bruneck eat ,ski and learn its great there.
I will definitely look into a zz center. If I'm fortunate, Bruneck!! Thanks!

O

oscar102624

Reaction score
I have a question you mill 20 30 units a day. Are you just using one milling machine? If so what's your milling time for a zirconia full contour crown?