Zirconia crowns without milling?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering when this was going to happen.. sounds interesting, but how do you get the cad design into the hydrocolloid mold. This could be a 'game changer' or it could be another Wol-ceram.. I wonder who will buy the patent? Deal

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I was wondering when this was going to happen.. sounds interesting, but how do you get the cad design into the hydrocolloid mold. This could be a 'game changer' or it could be another Wol-ceram.. I wonder who will buy the patent? Deal

Who needs a CAD design? Sounds like the process will mirror doctor-made temporaries

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Reading through the patent, it seems to be a very time consuming process , the patent does not mention how the hydrocolloid mould is fabricated Hmmmm2

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Reading through the patent, it seems to be a very time consuming process , the patent does not mention how the hydrocolloid mould is fabricated Hmmmm2
I might have missed it, but I didn't see reversible hydrocolloid anywhere, just hydrocolloid. So I'm thinking @JayH is right on the money with chairside temp method and them using alginate.
Fill with whatever's going expired, impress, prep, squirt zirc goo and reseat impression. Remove and sinter zirc goo. The rest is normal. Whatever that is.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I assume the zirconia doesnt shrink during sintering with this method?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
there goes our jobs again...

G

grantoz

Reaction score
it sounds like inceram from vita to me . It came out in the late eighties early 90s it is a lot of rooting around it did work.you took the die you were working on duplicated it then used a special plaster that expanded to the correct amount then you applied the alumina slurry the plaster absorbed the water this made it dense then you sintered the plaster shrunk more than the alumina .then you shaped up the alumina core in the green stage and then you resinted it and also flowed glass thru it. super not time consuming at all. There was a lot more to this as well but i didnt want to write war and peace.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
it sounds like inceram from vita to me . It came out in the late eighties early 90s it is a lot of rooting around it did work.you took the die you were working on duplicated it then used a special plaster that expanded to the correct amount then you applied the alumina slurry the plaster absorbed the water this made it dense then you sintered the plaster shrunk more than the alumina .then you shaped up the alumina core in the green stage and then you resinted it and also flowed glass thru it. super not time consuming at all. There was a lot more to this as well but i didnt want to write war and peace.
I remember those days. Sore fingers from sand blasting the excess glass off.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
mmbh i forgot about the sand blasting after a while we used to weigh the amount of glass that helped a bit .do you remember using the spinnel mix it looked ok but it was weak like emax when you dont bond it about 350 mpa.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Wow, spinnel, I almost forgot what all that stuff was even called.

Top Bottom