zirconia crowns disloging in the mouth

M

milident

Reaction score
Some Dr's are having problems with zirconia crowns (Lava and Zeno) disloging after acouple of weeks after cementation.
The cement they use iis unicem 2 from 3m and variolink from Ivoclar.
Any suggestions on how to treat the inside of the crown (we already sandblast the inside of the crowns)???

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Never had that problem.

I bet Doc is using Bonding Cement for Ceramic stuff and trying to etch the Zirconia.

That's the One and only time I've heard of this. I'm sure you'll track down the issue.

Needs just regular C&B Cement. Yellow capped Rely-X is working for us for years and years.

Scott

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yeah, my docs love the ease of cementation. Have not heard anything about them coming out. I had one Doc who had to cut one off due to a necessary root canal, and he said the rely x was actually sticking basically permanently to the Zr crown.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
nothing wrong with unicem 2.

Something wrong with the docs protocol.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't think it how you treat the inside of the crown will matter, at least with the Variolink. I don't think that is the cement Ivoclar recommends for zirconium.

Last edited:
Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Some Dr's are having problems with zirconia crowns (Lava and Zeno) disloging after acouple of weeks after cementation.
The cement they use iis unicem 2 from 3m and variolink from Ivoclar.
Any suggestions on how to treat the inside of the crown (we already sandblast the inside of the crowns)???

the Variolink is for Veneers , not for zirconia. If they want ivoclar products for zirconia they can use Multilink or Vivaglass .

M

milident

Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice.
I have already forwarded to some of our clients.

M

milident

Reaction score
thank you all for your good advice,
I have already forwarded your advice to my client.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I've heard of this on molars with short clinical height, on which teeth were the crowns on?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
yeah, recommended minimum clinical height for cohesion is 4mm.

could be that.

Or maybe a combination of preps with short clinical height and very tappered walls.

Top Bottom