Zirconia color difference in mouth

M

Markyboy

Reaction score
I have a Dr just temp cement 2 zirconia molars. Argen HT+ (A3). Dr is concerned as the first molar "looks grey". I am sure when they left the lab they looked identical. Dr doesn't remember what they looked like outside of the mouth. Stumps are same color.

Has anyone seen this before? What could be causing the color difference?

Thanks
IMG_6711.JPG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dipped or preshaded?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I would say the wrong shade was picked only going by the picture, or the crowns don't match the shade chosen.
Would like to see pictures of several shade tabs in the mouth.

C

charles007

Reaction score
HT+ is 45 Trans, and I would like to think an A3 stump shade would not grey your FCZ. If it did the alternative is using Argens Esthetic zir.
Please let us know the outcome

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe not a A3 stump shade, but an amalgam stained prep shade? At 45% and thick enough should be able to block that out though?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Like rkm said get out the MiYO or just lower the price $5.00 and let it slide.... lol

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Mark said stumps were the same color, never mind my above post.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mark said stumps were the same color, never mind my above post.
We'll let it slide because it's Friday but come Monday you better pull up your socks young man.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So that means no mushrooms this weekend, rats.

C

charles007

Reaction score
You like? I have never used it. I use GC Luster paste.
Will update once I see the patient next week.
GC is a nice kit, used it for several years with great success. MiYo has tons of colors and the ability to change the value and no other kit has that ability.
Take a look at several MiYO video's, seeing is believing. Not trying to sell you on MiYO but will say its a revolutionary material that steps up your game. Use it on zir, emax and some labs including me have used it on pfms.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I believe they either have or are coming out with a higher temp Structures. IMO would be a better option than the lower fusing Structure they now have.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I have a Dr just temp cement 2 zirconia molars. Argen HT+ (A3). Dr is concerned as the first molar "looks grey". I am sure when they left the lab they looked identical. Dr doesn't remember what they looked like outside of the mouth. Stumps are same color.

Thanks
View attachment 36891
Honestly, the only shade on that tooth without retractors is pretty much the occlusion surface which looks close enough but would need to see pic as Pt would actually display it. I agree a touch of Miyo and done.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Thanks
View attachment 36891
I had this before and I figured it out when I saw the patient personally. The issue is, if you are you sing a translucent zirconia you have to treat it like an E-Max and ask for the stump shade. If the stump shade is dark in any color or it is an amalgam build up, it will change the end results. At this junction the DR should have a tooth color cementation kit instead of the common clear or A2 shade they use for all. I did a B1 shade, the stump was C4, what do you think the end result would be?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
120201880_3639860642699222_3248826244866563266_n.jpg

Top Bottom