kuk4.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Cool but I still say it's voodoo magic!

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
What adhesive do you use with PEEK please Bernard?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Awesome Bernard! I saw this in your newsletter email today.

What is the minimum milled thickness on the peek and do you need any special bonder to process acrylic against it? How smooth is the internal and is the fit as precise as you Ti double structures?

The Equators are taped in ZI or there is a female insert bonded in the zi bar?

I see you are still using a cemented implant interface for the fixtures do you feel you can not mill ZI straight to the interface? I figured your high end precision scanners and mills were capable of this???

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Awesome Bernard! I saw this in your newsletter email today.

What is the minimum milled thickness on the peek and do you need any special bonder to process acrylic against it? How smooth is the internal and is the fit as precise as you Ti double structures?

The Equators are taped in ZI or there is a female insert bonded in the zi bar?

I see you are still using a cemented implant interface for the fixtures do you feel you can not mill ZI straight to the interface? I figured your high end precision scanners and mills were capable of this???
Hi John - My opinion on zirconia straight on to interfaces is that there is always a little movement that over time will wear out the interface. Cementation eliminates this

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
zircon interfaces are killing the ti interface of the implant because of their strength . ti is much softer so every little movement leads to abrasion and long term bad fit depended on the situation.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I asked ZirkonZahn and a few other companies milling of this type of restoration two years ago,
all said it would not last. ZR has to be thick to not break, As it may work with some cases, not all.
If thats the case, why wouldnt we all be wrapping milled ZR with acrylic? The distal extension cannot
take the load due to strength. Just because its harder, does not mean its stronger. Once again, nice concept.
Lets see the longevity of it.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
By the way, I have special material that make a perfect retention between zr and composites-acrylics..

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I know Zubler was coming out with their own version of the Hotbond but it is not FDA approved. Is the DCM Hotbond FDA approved?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Our latest creation :

kuk4.png

technically this would be just as appetizing with a Ti bar without worrying about the Zr not lasting. The PEEK sub structure is interesting, but aside from bodying acrylic, how would we bond porcelain? then again, maybe it makes more sense to use acrylic/denture teeth to keep the weight down.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
PEEK is not yet approved by the FDA.. correct me if im wrong.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

You are absolutely correct but it should be approved here in the first quarter for partials and dentures. I am pretty sure it will not be approved for implant devices.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for your interest in our latest innovation. THere plenty of questions and I will try to answer most of them. Since we are on a forum it not easy to give all the details in a single post, so I invite you to call me or e-mail me for more details if required otherwise come and stop at my booth in Chicago at LAB DAY to see the product.

SO there no voodoo magic, just milling, good milling ;)
Zirconia bar is milled, the attachments are screwed into the bar. The bar come with titanium base that can be 3 colors (titanium, pink or gold) in a case of wrap-around or milled bar they will be glued with Bredent glue, in a case of copywax the bases will come not glued to let you finish the porcelain before.

We didn't go for Zirconia interface because it will knowed that the problem is when you screw the screw alots of ppl do not respect the torque limit and create micro-fissure on zirconia. By having TI bases, the screw will torque on titanium and will not create any problems, even if the torque limit is not well respected.

The double structure fit is as good as our titanium over titanium, but the feeling is diffrent since we have 2 diffrent materials.

The zirconia bar is a little thicker than titanium to be sure there no breakage around 3.5mm vs 3.0mm for a regular ti bar (in average)

Their is a risk of extension breakage is they are too long, that why we keep them in a certain lenght depending of implant positioning. We are currently working to have test done to see how far we can go but even without the results yet we have a special way to mill the extension to insure there will be no breakage.

Finnaly for the FDA, the PEEK product is approved and is not. LOL
FDA is aware of PEEK and it is FDA approved, the way a company use it will depend what need to be declared in order to be part of the approval or not.
That a little complicated to explain but it is also simple. I invite all of you to come to my stand to ask more question about this topic is you want to.

More surprises to come at Chicago.

Regards to all.

J

Juvora dental

Reaction score
Hello
In dental, PEEK is cleared by the FDA for temporary use in abutments. Several of the major dental companies have these devices.

In dental the only long term FDA 510k cleared device is the JUVORA CADCAM 98mm dental disc, that can be used to mill removable dentures and implant overdentures.

The JUVORA substructure dentures are a high end, quality solution.
Dentists can charge more (and hopefully the lab, too) as they offer the patient a modern solution that is biomechanically engineered to match the natural bone. The material properties (slight flex, reduced weight, low heat transfer, no metal taste etc) also lend themselves to better comfort in the mouth.

JUVORA is working with prestigious US labs that are serving the quality sector, in order to develop certified centres that know how to work with this modern material through a digital route.

Hope this helps

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I wonder what type of vertical (VDO) space would be required (minimum) clinically before one could prescribe one of these bad boys?

Top Bottom