Written Procedures/Guidelines?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there uses/has written procedures/guidelines for items within their lab (removables). We're in the process of writing some out to hold everyone accountable and just set our quality bar high. If anyone has anything and is willing to share, I'd love to see them and would be happy to reciprocate once ours are done.

Thanks!

PS. For instance: items as minor as what cases are mounted with a pinned articulator; what cases are duplicated etc. (this would be especially helpful for new employees)

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
LOL that's one of our very established and favorite guidelines!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Our #1 rule is, "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It's hard to hold everyone accountable to high standards and procedures if they

don't actually have the talent/hands to be able to complete the work tasked to them.

But I agree in procedural-izing dental processes. It helps to set goals and ideals

for the team to head in the same direction that the employer wants to take them.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there uses/has written procedures/guidelines for items within their lab (removables). We're in the process of writing some out to hold everyone accountable and just set our quality bar high. If anyone has anything and is willing to share, I'd love to see them and would be happy to reciprocate once ours are done.

Thanks!

PS. For instance: items as minor as what cases are mounted with a pinned articulator; what cases are duplicated etc. (this would be especially helpful for new employees)

You're exactly right. A new worker should be able to come in, read the procedure that was developed

for the specific task that he/she has been assigned, and produce a product that is consistent with the

set of instructions you developed for them. Easy peasy!!