Working/Balancing

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am wanting to step up my working and balancing skills, are there any resources I can have out there.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
I picked up snowboarding, it really helped my balance.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
OH, I don't know anything about dentures. Sorry. :)

Not a great year in the Northeast for Snowboarding. :(
The NE never has good snowboarding, not into one minute runs. But to each their own.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
The NE never has good snowboarding, not into one minute runs. But to each their own.

We live with what we got. Its more about the snow and less about the mountain in my opinion. One last thing, if you learn to ski on ice in Vermont/NH/Maine you can ski anywhere. :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you learned we are alcoholics

D

dborla01

Reaction score
Way back in the primordial times, I used to do fully balanced setups, using fully anatomical teeth, and even with rational moulds, based on facebow transfers, etc. However back then, Swissedent's centrimatic technique seems much more elegant and to the point. However, most dentists did not have the self discipline to follow the rules required for this procedure, and I guess it has fallen into disuse, except for a few operators.
Since going to lingualized occlusion, setup's are much easier, and results quite predictable...usually, lol. There are plenty of articles around, that may help you out, JK.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Way back in the primordial times, I used to do fully balanced setups, using fully anatomical teeth, and even with rational moulds, based on facebow transfers, etc. However back then, Swissedent's centrimatic technique seems much more elegant and to the point. However, most dentists did not have the self discipline to follow the rules required for this procedure, and I guess it has fallen into disuse, except for a few operators.
Since going to lingualized occlusion, setup's are much easier, and results quite predictable...usually, lol. There are plenty of articles around, that may help you out, JK.
I couldn't agree more. The state of competence in the clinic is shocking.
It's a very rare dr that can manage fully balanced occlusion today.
Why deliver a product beyond their expertise to adapt to the patient?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I just got back from a long birthday weekend in Mammoth and I tired to not think teeth for a few days.

As I get back I read this thread and smile. I have a case in the lab that will be a board case for a client that is becoming a prosthodontist. She is a talented Dr and has provided me with what I need to do a fully balanced arrangement. I will be the first to say that I have not set a "REAL" fully balanced arrangement in YEARS. The reason is because most times we do not have the casts specifically set up on the articulator properly with a proper incisal table to allow us to achieve our task. Perhaps the movements on the articulator look like its balanced but lets look in the mouth now :) Are we close? Heck yeah most days but I can tell you this I will not even attempt to set a case up until I have done a simple VD CR check with a fast arrangement. Then the client can take me all the info so I can set the articulator up and refine the arrangement with some meaning rather than just having it look good on the tool.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ya, those MichDent movies are helpful. I realize it is not done much anymore, but the knowledge needs to at least be retained and passed down. We shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. Maybe I just need to practice more.