Wieland Zenotech T1

R

Rickrag

Reaction score
Can someone elaborate on the Wieland mills and their evolution, specifically the Zenotech T1. I'm told that it was was recently retired and I've heard that there were a myriad of problems with that mill but I have no first hand experience. Were the problems mostly associated with the automatic puck changer? Is/was it a decent mill? Are the problems that I heard about still problems or have they been addressed? What was its cost new and what would that mill with a changer be worth today? Is there a newer version that solves or no longer has the issues the T1 has or had. Which CAM software did/does it come with? Is it still supported? Is there an equivalent or same in class mill manufactured by others and if so which ones would they be?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
If you are considering purchasing this mill make sure you can get service and support. Being discontinued, this is a big one if someone does not fill the void.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I had the chance to work with the T1 mills. We had the first one in the US back when I was at my old lab. Let me say the least it is better as a boat anchor. The automatic feeder never worked, so when we would load up 4 pucks at night to be milled it would only mill one and then jam. We had problems with the tool measurement, it was not a mechanical measurement so we had glitches there. The suction on the machine is awful it gets about 5 inches of zirconia powder in the bottom of the machine because the suction design cannot handle the job. It lost its calibration all the time so that required us to call tech support to help us get it back on track. Overall not a very good experience with the machine. If you want you need to call Jay Saludo he was the man to fix these machines. I have his number if you want it.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Rickrag, I would call Chris with Wieland 6233085361 or CHarles with Ivoclar 8174015535. I have been working with these two with questions on Wieland mills. THey have a new mill coming in a couple months that you will want to ask them about if you are thinking about the T1. Hope this helps. Ron.
Can someone elaborate on the Wieland mills and their evolution, specifically the Zenotech T1. I'm told that it was was recently retired and I've heard that there were a myriad of problems with that mill but I have no first hand experience. Were the problems mostly associated with the automatic puck changer? Is/was it a decent mill? Are the problems that I heard about still problems or have they been addressed? What was its cost new and what would that mill with a changer be worth today? Is there a newer version that solves or no longer has the issues the T1 has or had. Which CAM software did/does it come with? Is it still supported? Is there an equivalent or same in class mill manufactured by others and if so which ones would they be?

R

Rickrag

Reaction score
If you are considering purchasing this mill make sure you can get service and support. Being discontinued, this is a big one if someone does not fill the void.

Hi Bob,

Is Ivoclar now responsible for all Wieland service and support? What about the new mill expected to be released soon. Does anyone have any information about it, release date, experience with milling, etc. What CAM software is it shipped with?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Wieland is just reseller years ago for imes now for VHF and DC Dental Conzeptworks with senior Partner Zubler.

Top Bottom