Who Can Mill Full Contour NP Bridge

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
I have a 3unit full contour bridge that I need milled out of base metal from an exocad file. Patient has broke 2 ZR bridges, Then Im told it opposes NP crowns and this guy (name is Tex) has "Jaws of Steel"(said with voice of Duke Nukem).

Thanks

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Argen can do that with their SLM

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Send it to me I can do it for you.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a good polish on slm metal. Any hints?
I have TruCrown mill my NP if I have to polish any of it.
Tyler- do you mill or print NP?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try using a carbide over the surface first. This will remove the "indiscretions" that occur from the slm.
Once you have done this you are good to polish.

Be careful at the margins,I used to leave them thick.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Sorry to be dense, but do you mean design them thick and then thin/polish them, or leave the final margin thick?

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Bego does a fantastic job on cc. The milled stuff that is. Laser sintered metal is lacking for polish ability.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Tyler sounds good I'll call ya Friday morning

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Sorry to be dense, but do you mean design them thick and then thin/polish them, or leave the final margin thick?

We've had no problem polishing ours. jus like tyler said, take a used Carbide and run over the surface - you don't have to design thicker, you're taking barely anything off. Once you've run it over with a carbide, you should be able to polish and high shine very well.

We did full contour SLM years ago for a doctor and it looked amazing. Also, due to no oxide layer, it was super easy to get it thiner where we needed it.

Another though, I've been meaning to try this, but can't we try and electropolish? i wonder if that would work.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Yes, I found that the slm left particle oxidization from the fusing .If your margins were bang on,then you could encounter voids or seams when you polish the metal.

By designing it a bit thicker, you compensate for that flaw. Milling avoids that problem but then you have to deal with bur compensation.

Top Bottom