Which press and why?

K

kalimniosdentallab

Reaction score
Hello to all. What do you all think is the best pressing system out there? I have never used a press so I really dont know what to look for. Also what exactly will I need to get started? I know I need the pressing furnace, porcelain, rings, investments. What else?

I have been looking at the ivoclar ovens, and porcelains, just because I already use InLine and emax for zirconia. But if there is a better option, I would like to know about it.

Also, do any of you press to metal, or do you find it most usefull for all-ceramic applications? It seems for PFM's there isnt any real advantage to press. School me please.

Thanks in advance, John k

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Hello to all. What do you all think is the best pressing system out there? I have never used a press so I really dont know what to look for. Also what exactly will I need to get started? I know I need the pressing furnace, porcelain, rings, investments. What else?

I have been looking at the ivoclar ovens, and porcelains, just because I already use InLine and emax for zirconia. But if there is a better option, I would like to know about it.

Also, do any of you press to metal, or do you find it most usefull for all-ceramic applications? It seems for PFM's there isnt any real advantage to press. School me please.

Thanks in advance, John k

John,
you mentioned that you already use emax but you dont presss, is it safe to assume that you are using milled emax. IMO if you are alreday invested in the Ivoclar line then i would press emax

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im guessing youre using e.max ceram on your zirconia.
Dream of everything you wish a restoration could be. e.MAX. Every day I get to do one is a good day.

O

odchamp

Reaction score
I agree Ivoclar all the way, even the furnace 1st class.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Really depends how much you are doing if you were to ask me. With the various other brands (not ivoclar) you'll have to tweak or dial in your settings, if you don't have the time for that then I'd suggest go with a Ivoclar pressing oven. If you do have the time and want to save the cash, I've had success with the Whip Mix oven. I had to dial it in but I've been running trouble free for a long time now. Hope that helps.

K

kalimniosdentallab

Reaction score
Yes, I use the emax ceram for touch ups on milled emax crowns, and zirconia frameworks. I dont have all the shades for emax ceram yet. I do have the whole shebang for InLine though. Thanks for the responces!

As for time....thats a definite no. Sounds like I will be calling my ivoclar rep very soon.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I like my Ivoclar press furnace. If you need new parameters for new products from them, they will email them to you and you can down load on usb flash drive then upload to your oven.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We have 10 presses. 3 different Ivoclar generations and a Zubler. If you are pressing e.max there is a small window for the high temp in the press cycle that yields a good quality result. If the temp is too high the pressings get a orange peel like surface. All the Ivoclar presses tend to drift to the hot side and require frequent calibration. In addition, we have had more errors and problems with the Ivoclar presses than I would expect. The Zubler has been superior on all counts. Please keep in mind, we push these presses to the max.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I've been using Jensen's Pulse pressed to metal for a few years now on posteriors. Time wise, time spent in burnout oven, and in the pressing oven, it may be washed, but I feel that it's faster than the traditional PFM. Like with all pressed crowns, the margins are beautiful.

My oven is an Ivoclar EP 500.

I'm about ready to order the trial kit of the Ivoclar Inline pressed to metal system. I'm curious to see how they compare.
Carol

Top Bottom