Where To buy imes 650

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Planning to do the

"the next day bar/pmma all on 4 hybrid denture"

At Lab day west, imes 650 was talked about THE machine to go for bars.

Who has the best support for this work flow

I metric scanner-ExoCad-workNC-imes 650

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Call CAP for the mill

or Dental Arts Laboratories,inc Ask for Ryan Johnson. They sell Imes a lot and Exocad.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Call CAP for the mill

or Dental Arts Laboratories,inc Ask for Ryan Johnson. They sell Imes a lot and Exocad.
Hello Sevan:

I have a immediate opening for a full time tech knowing 3shape Roland imes I core, trios, D900 for a low production, highly progressive dental implant lab. Somebody who can take our face hunter-all on 4-titanium bar- pmma project forward.
It's like Permodontics( San Diego)kind of setting, the attached serving two implant centers.

I am in Fremont 30 miles south of San Francisco.

If u know somebody who wants to do quality work in a non commercial lab setting, let me know.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Doc how about slowing down and learning the machines you have?? We have seen in your other threads what you have been doing and while there is no doubt you are passionate about technology you are not ready to become a milling center for damn sure.

I can tell you just by buying a bigger and more robust machine doesn't make making the bars any easier. You have to first learn how to walk before you can run.

You have everything you need for moderate volume of milling ti now based on what machine you have in other threads.

Perhaps you should look at the Clearchoice or Permadontics business model a bit closer. Why do you think they don't mill bars in house?

As for a candidate that could walk in and teach you what you need to know,

If I was so inclined which I am not, I would request a min contract for a 5 year term based on performance so that you could not just use the knowledge we have amassed for your own good and dismiss us once you felt confident in the procedures. I would take a percentage of treatment along with a back end percentage based on growth along with a base salary. It would be a very specific contract to protect what I was bringing to the table.

Remember this, any tech with the experience to turn key this venture could easily demand 150 to 200`k a year if they knew their value.

Now how many arches do you have to sell a year to cover the cost of the equipment, the TALENT, and still make any meaningful return on investment?

Now if you somehow find a tech that has no clue about business, is starving, and is happy to share his hard earned knowledge to get you up and running well then more power to ya and good luck. Just be prepared for a long road as this kind of treatment is not for the inexperienced and a few weekend training sessions are nowhere near what you will need to do this kind of dentistry with out having plenty of headaches.

You may indeed be a very talented dr but you are not a machinist , you are not a tech, and the background needed to do this work is so much more than just knowing some software and clicking the mouse and paying for an expensive piece of equipment. After 30+ years doing dentistry I can tell you the success I have today with digital is 100% because I was a good analog tech. The candidate you are looking for is just not out there with ALL of those attributes and if they were they would be infinitely more profitable than the vast majority of the clients they would service.

Of course this is just my fact based opinion and you can dismiss it completely like many Dr's that think running an in-house lab will save them money. Just keep this thread in the back of you head after you look over the books for the first year.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I say hire a good model guy first...;)

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Thanks
Doc how about slowing down and learning the machines you have?? We have seen in your other threads what you have been doing and while there is no doubt you are passionate about technology you are not ready to become a milling center for damn sure.

I can tell you just by buying a bigger and more robust machine doesn't make making the bars any easier. You have to first learn how to walk before you can run.

You have everything you need for moderate volume of milling ti now based on what machine you have in other threads.

Perhaps you should look at the Clearchoice or Permadontics business model a bit closer. Why do you think they don't mill bars in house?

As for a candidate that could walk in and teach you what you need to know,

If I was so inclined which I am not, I would request a min contract for a 5 year term based on performance so that you could not just use the knowledge we have amassed for your own good and dismiss us once you felt confident in the procedures. I would take a percentage of treatment along with a back end percentage based on growth along with a base salary. It would be a very specific contract to protect what I was bringing to the table.

Remember this, any tech with the experience to turn key this venture could easily demand 150 to 200`k a year if they knew their value.

Now how many arches do you have to sell a year to cover the cost of the equipment, the TALENT, and still make any meaningful return on investment?

Now if you somehow find a tech that has no clue about business, is starving, and is happy to share his hard earned knowledge to get you up and running well then more power to ya and good luck. Just be prepared for a long road as this kind of treatment is not for the inexperienced and a few weekend training sessions are nowhere near what you will need to do this kind of dentistry with out having plenty of headaches.

You may indeed be a very talented dr but you are not a machinist , you are not a tech, and the background needed to do this work is so much more than just knowing some software and clicking the mouse and paying for an expensive piece of equipment. After 30+ years doing dentistry I can tell you the success I have today with digital is 100% because I was a good analog tech. The candidate you are looking for is just not out there with ALL of those attributes and if they were they would be infinitely more profitable than the vast majority of the clients they would service.

Of course this is just my fact based opinion and you can dismiss it completely like many Dr's that think running an in-house lab will save them money. Just keep this thread in the back of you head after you look over the books for the first year.
Thanks John for taking time to write these words of wisdom. I am really overwhelmed by the lab responsibility, perhaps I should slowdown.

Anyway, if you know a aspiring tech who is willing to learn in our setting and loves R and D, we have an opening.

Opening the lab is not profitable for us. The money we loose, we compensate from clinical side. It's just my hobby or passion what ever u call it. It provides a feeling of happiness.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
If you really want to buy such mill first check if your floor ground is able carry the load !!!!!! Buy it from reseller that mills bars itself and ask which implants !!! . Ask if theres a laser tool measuring device integrated , for bars HSK 25 span which needs additional burr accessories , maybe for lower production only direct span which makes it a lot easier . Biggest question in US FDA milling such parts . Depending on your volume maybe its meaningful to look for a cnc technican to run the mill maybe only to start for the first year.
Service and repair , repair ....... repair , parts to repair how long does it take ?????

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Sounds like an over kill for a dental office. Why not just concentrate on the art of designing and milling wax pmma and zr in house ? and sending tie bars to a reputable milling center? I agree with john , can you justify the amount of tie bars u can generate for a 200k-300k+ machine?. If you need tie bars quickly i m sure u can make a deal with a milling center to have a quicker turnaround for a few bucks extra.
Just my 2 cents

M

mhallect

Reaction score
Planning to do the

"the next day bar/pmma all on 4 hybrid denture"

At Lab day west, imes 650 was talked about THE machine to go for bars.

Who has the best support for this work flow

I metric scanner-ExoCad-workNC-imes 650

Hi please, I believe i can help you with some info about the Imes machines. Contact me at [email protected] - Paul Morales

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the advice and concern. I really really appreciate this unbiased and selfless group of folks who put their time and effort for helping others.

I wish I could become as good as you. This lab endeavor is taking lot of time away and keeping me away from my kids who are 10 and 12. I will take time and move slowly in this direction. I hear u guys, this is not a joke.

Top Bottom