What do you use to polish/seal/glaze your wax?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I've tried it all. But still have no goto product or technique.
Buff wheel, meh.
Die hardner, meh.
Foam on a mandrel, meh.
Floor wax, meh.
LC glaze, meh.
Wax seal, meh.
Tissue, meh.
Is there anything I haven't tried?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So far I've used just on thin coat of floor wax, anything more and you're in trouble. Hopefully the wax up is good, otherwise the floor wax can get goofy when trying to do an add on.

A couple of years ago I saw Russell DeVreugd post some images of his glossed wax ups on The Bridge, and I asked what he used, he told me what he had tried, and that he liked the stuff in the photos better (it was from a higher end lab company). I wish I would have written it down, maybe I'll try to find his post, or maybe he'll see this thread and respond?

G

Glassman

Reaction score
Q-tip and Ney die lube or contents of vitamin E capsule.

Wes@MachWax

Wes@MachWax

Reaction score
Some people in other industries use mineral spirits to polish wax. Not sure if this would help with your particular blend of wax.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
A guy that works for us said when he was younger he asked an older tech how he got his wax ups to shine so we'll. He replied that his secret was to "put a little nose grease on it". Apparently he would use the oils off his nose to shine wax....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yeti makes some sealer that is shiny, its good for diagnostics if you dont need to touch them again. '

Wes@MachWax

Wes@MachWax

Reaction score
A guy that works for us said when he was younger he asked an older tech how he got his wax ups to shine so we'll. He replied that his secret was to "put a little nose grease on it". Apparently he would use the oils off his nose to shine wax....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Resourceful.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Soap mixed with a little bit of water applied to the waxed teeth. Then let it dry.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
future floor wax applied with a soft sponge or cheese cloth
I used to use the Renfert wax glaze but future is easier

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I've tried it all. But still have no goto product or technique.
Buff wheel, meh.
Die hardner, meh.
Foam on a mandrel, meh.
Floor wax, meh.
LC glaze, meh.
Wax seal, meh.
Tissue, meh.
Is there anything I haven't tried?
It also depends on what kind of wax up we're talking here.
A denture waxup and C&B are different materials.
Is it going intra oral? (that means no floor wax)
Does it need to burn out cleanly? (see above)
Is it for photos or samples?

Like Tom Z, all those needs have been easily met with a foam buff....

I

ilsbadly

Reaction score
I find the best way is to use a little washing up liquid and cotton wool, rub it on under cold running water(a gentle amount of water not gushing),brings wax up like glass, it's can also then be used intra orally, it works on pretty much every wax type I've used, denture wax ups - diagnostics, it also means you can add more wax or adjust without breaking the glaze surface and messing the job up completely

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I find the best way is to use a little washing up liquid and cotton wool, rub it on under cold running water(a gentle amount of water not gushing),brings wax up like glass, it's can also then be used intra orally, it works on pretty much every wax type I've used, denture wax ups - diagnostics, it also means you can add more wax or adjust without breaking the glaze surface and messing the job up completely
Washing up liquid?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
make your waxups out of fondue. then trap a raccoon and sell it to some south koreans for lipstick. use the lipstick to bribe the border guards to let your order of frogs over the border. boil the frogs in alcohol (goldschlager) and serve with your cheese teeth.

real shiny.

Top Bottom