what do u think of this workflow

• Thread starter prestige.dental
  • Start date
prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
I have done 4 unit bridges on a Trios scan and Argen printed model. Had a tight fit, then ended up finding out the abutment would rotate the DIM analog a bit when tighten and change the overall fit. So I called up Argen and asked if there was any way to tighten the fit a bit and they said now cause it was already set to zero. Did some digging and found that i selected the wrong model profile. i did a Argen quad model instead of Argen DIM quad which has the DIM analog to model space set to zero. Once i found that out never had loose analogs again and fit issues was fixed.

While in model builder go to File in upper left corner if you don't see it take model builder window out of full screen, go to file and then go to virtual settings, a pop up window will appear with in one of those setting is a analog to model or base that should be set to zero for optimal DIM analog fit.

I would trust the Digital scan more then a PVS impression in this case. Are you doing split file on the design, I have been doing these for a while now and get great fits on singles and bridges, sometimes having to just round off the tips and sharp edges on the abutments and they drop right down.

You can print them in house but it is such a hassle to maintain and clean I just have Argen print it for me. Let the big wigs do all the mess work for you at $8 a quad its not a bad deal and they have DME's set to their machines for perfect results, you do it then you have to play around with the settings until you get everything dialed in, not worth your time. Ad since Argen is NT trading your already set up, just need to order the DIM analogs as needed, then tell you docs to send them back once the case is seated and you can reuse them over again.

Yes, this is part of the work flow I provided above. It will provide you to mode accurate cast in a digital workflow.

Savan:

just tell me, why dont you use the trios scan to design thee bridge and use printed model to only check fit/add porcelain etc. Where are u located.

sam

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
here is a fully digital trios case done as a split file had the fcz bridge done and waiting for the ti abutments and models to get back. Case was a drop in margins were perfect IMG_2509.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Cement retained, these are noble rp conical connection, we anodize in house.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Savan:

just tell me, why dont you use the trios scan to design thee bridge and use printed model to only check fit/add porcelain etc. Where are u located.

sam

The trios doc we have uses implant direct, like I mentioned earlier. I use the trios scan to make the model and he sends me stock abutments. That is why I don't design on trios implant scan, and when he want custom abutment u have to scan the trios printed model to make the implant direct custom abutment, he wants original parts.

I'm located in southern california thousand oaks.

Top Bottom