What are some highly esthetic PMMA discs for milling?

ItsKeeN

ItsKeeN

Reaction score
Looking for an alternative to our Sagemax Multi discs. Something that looks natural and is long lasting

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Looking for an alternative to our Sagemax Multi discs. Something that looks natural and is long lasting
Harvest's Temp Esthetic is the one I use and falls into your requirements.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Smile Boutique it may have been nice to have introduced yourself first, had a cup of coffee here, answer a few posts, then ask this somewhat significant question where many of us have gone through trial and error $$$ in finding that one out. I feel so violated, wham, bam, thank you mam, now cough up the answers. lol ;)

Yours truly,
the troll who lives under the bridge.

ItsKeeN

ItsKeeN

Reaction score
XD Sorry y'all. Been a hectic day at the lab and Doc was rushing me to find a replacement.

28 years of age and have been a lab tech for around 4 years now. Started as a removables guy, then moved onto another lab to process PMMA/Ti-Bar and Zirconia on Ti-bar with Nuvia Ao4s. That company sucks, so now i've been at my current lab for about 2 months, learning CAD/CAM basically on my own, designing Crown/Bridge + Ao4s. Youtube and ZirkonZahn customer support has taught me all I know so far, with some guidance from my doc.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Ron's stuff works great and there's also Anaxdents "the show"

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Just be careful with longer term PMMA service unless you have excellent impressions or scans. Long term with Questionable can easily lead to recurrent caries once removed
Doc really needs to know what they're doing if longer term is more than 3 months. Also, realize shade and expectations, a lighter shade delivered and Pt. may fall in love with it. Been there multiple times. Always try for a darker shade for the provisionals and then deliver finals lighter. Under promise, Over deliver as the rule.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
XD Sorry y'all. Been a hectic day at the lab and Doc was rushing me to find a replacement.

28 years of age and have been a lab tech for around 4 years now. Started as a removables guy, then moved onto another lab to process PMMA/Ti-Bar and Zirconia on Ti-bar with Nuvia Ao4s. That company sucks, so now i've been at my current lab for about 2 months, learning CAD/CAM basically on my own, designing Crown/Bridge + Ao4s. Youtube and ZirkonZahn customer support has taught me all I know so far, with some guidance from my doc.
:welcome:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just be careful with longer term PMMA service unless you have excellent impressions or scans. Long term with Questionable can easily lead to recurrent caries once removed
Doc really needs to know what they're doing if longer term is more than 3 months. Also, realize shade and expectations, a lighter shade delivered and Pt. may fall in love with it. Been there multiple times. Always try for a darker shade for the provisionals and then deliver finals lighter. Under promise, Over deliver as the rule.
That's what I've found too, my friend. That we can get some incredible gradient PMMA, and some even light-curing staining it, can become almost impossible to get the same result even with layered zirconia. I routinely just use a single shade PMMA and let the final restorations look better, meeting and hopefully exceeding patient expectations. Plastics (PMMA/temps) diffuse and reflect light closer to natural dentition compared to zirconia and ceramics. One clinician mentioned years ago, that Vita Alpha came closest to matching natural teeth other than acrylics.

Last edited: