Wax-ups

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Im starting to get into diagnostic wax-ups. Its there any tools to help with contour, esthetics. Does everybody just "eye ball". It would be nice if there was something that would help with all the factors that go into esthetics.

Thanks,

PgGuy

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
eyeball
football
soccerball
and of course the golden proportion.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Last month I bought Renferts Geo Aesthetics anterior facing kit. It really helped me. Cut my time in 1/2.
They have different shapes to choose from and models to help pick them out.
I also use occlusal molds for the posteriors.
I bought the tooth colored wax (its like A2) and the white wax that Renfert sells for diag wax ups.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
eyeball
football
soccerball
and of course the golden proportion.

Youve been watching too much of the Slap Chop commercial.
Fettucine, Martini, Bikini

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
:DHA! You know me all too well.

Last edited:
S

SSDS

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Im starting to get into diagnostic wax-ups. Its there any tools to help with contour, esthetics. Does everybody just "eye ball". It would be nice if there was something that would help with all the factors that go into esthetics.

Thanks,

PgGuy
Hi PGguy,
2 very good diagnostic aids I have found really useful for diagnostic work are the following books ANTERIORES NATURAL & BEAUTIFUL TEETH by Jan Hajto which is a great photographic reference for shaping and coloring teeth and INDIVIDUALITAS NATURAE DENTIS by Knut Miller. Both are available from teamwork-bookshop.de these are great visual aids, not cheap though but your staff can use them as teaching aid. Hope this helps. Jim

S

Scooter

Reaction score
One more piece of literature is "Natures Morphology an atlas of tooth shape and form" Quintessence books sales it.
Scott

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
One more piece of literature is "Natures Morphology an atlas of tooth shape and form" Quintessence books sales it.
Scott

I have found that books are always second best to a good anatomical model, that a tech can hold and really see contour. That being said I would be lost with out a few that I constantly go back and read from time to time.

The little red book of morphology that has been around for ever is a wonderful way to get your waxers to think 3d. We also have sets of denture teeth that we have painted silver spacer on to see subtle contours as well. Vitas physiodens are an excellent example for a waxer to mimic.

The use of OCC molds in FMR cases certainly can save you a ton of time. We use the molds from Jensen that Russ developed. They are an excellent tool.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good reason to make small talk with a good looking woman.

"May I study your teeth?
I'm doing some research, yeah that's it......":D

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
awesome feedback everybody!...I love this place. I really like the idea of setting up a few dentures as study models.

pgguy

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Give Jim Emmons a call about the GP guide, I incorperate the plate into my bite rims.... "Excellent" guide for doing wax ups!

Spectrafire Home

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score