Vita Bleached Shade Guide

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Have a Dr. that loves the Bleached shade guide (which is to be used clinically as a bleaching guide) and wants us to use it for their zirconia. Has anyone used this to match shade. It seems like a huge pain the donkey!!! Help appreciated.. Jim

VITA_vita_bleachedguide_440.jpg

VITA Bleachedguide 3D-MASTER®

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I didn't even know that one was out there. https://www.vita-zahnfabrik.com/en/VITA-Bleachedguide-3D-MASTER-26260,27568.html

You're right, another fly by the seat of our pants in trying to figure out coloring.
Do any of them close to the normal 3D master guide, where you can cross reference
those formulas that we've worked out over the years?

I tried downloading the zip file from the webpage to see if it had any helpful info,
but it gave a "not available at the moment, try later", error.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Only help I can offer, charge more. They are all 1/2 shades. Good luck nailing them on a regular basis especially with Zr.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
One of my accounts has one of those. Good luck.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Oh hell where do i start.. I practically grew using vita porcelan and ordered 3d shades in 1999. Ordered the Bleachedguide
3D Master when it came out thinking i could match interpolated shades (intermediate shades) a little easier.
Best advice i can give is to start taking detailed notes on every shade you make in zirconia. Second tip, Value comes first.
Unfortunetly zirconia shades still aren't perfect and value is the huge problem your going to have with 3D shades.
Lighter/higher value core shades and white zirconia must be used to match light 3D shades. You may quickly learn you may need to change
brands of zirconia or milling labs. After trying many brands of porcelain I've had better results using GC porcelain with their 3D conversion chart on zirconia as compared to using VM9 and CZR as far as matching 3D shades. I'm still using InSyn and Creation CT porcelain and taking notes.. :)

Good luck with your new science project... lol

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Thank You!! That is extremely encouraging!!! LOL