Vinalene

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Has anyboby used this? What do you think? A rep called today and is sending me a sample. Can it truly be called momomer free if there is monomer in it?

Michelle

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Going to try this stuff on a practice case. Instructions say you use your own heat cured monomer with this. There's a MSDS sheet with it but I wonder if using a monomer from another brand is FDA acceptable?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I didn't know PPV was FDA approved, who is supplying poly(1,4-phenylene-1,2-ethenediyl) for the dental laboratory, and how do they cover the yellow color? I use Vynapac from Vynacron in NJ but Bob uses a milky liquid, not a glass clear PMMA. It is a traditionally processed denture base material I use for flippers, baseplates, some dentures that can use a little flexibility.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I didn't know PPV was FDA approved, who is supplying poly(1,4-phenylene-1,2-ethenediyl) for the dental laboratory, and how do they cover the yellow color? I use Vynapac from Vynacron in NJ but Bob uses a milky liquid, not a glass clear PMMA. It is a traditionally processed denture base material I use for flippers, baseplates, some dentures that can use a little flexibility.

I think the guy I talked to yesterday about this product was named Bob too:)
The material comes in clear and pink. He said both the powder and whatever
monomer like 199 is FDA approved, but my question was, "when you mix the two fda approved but different products together, is it still fda approved?"
He said they were checked and cross linked with many different brands (no real answer.). He wouldn't give me a list of ingredients because they are trade secrets:) but it is made in US. I really like the concept and want to use like you do for baseplates, flippers and such.
BTW I talked with Doug yesterday too, very informative guy! Thanks for that.

Michelle

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
It sounds like it is not PPV as that won't cure with PMMA monomer. Sounds more like St. George Powder PMMA, it can be used with several different liquids and is still FDA but not CE when you mix. The truth is most of the materials come from DuPont and are private labeled, and maybe specialty ground. The powder, which is in many cases liquid that is UV& heat cured with the dies & fillers each mfg wants in their brand. Look at Fricke HI-I under a 30x scope and U will see a specific shape, & size mix, look at their pour and the bigger pieces have been rolled after ribbon cutting to make them flow. In Densply 199 there are 5 or more sizes which is one way to form color, but the particles with more color tend to be heavier and as they use a round particle they easily shift and settle requiring regular mixing to maintain a consistent color. Diamond D noticed the settling problem and has their color made in liquid prior to grinding & cutting to eliminate the color change from the top of the container to the bottom, but I shake it out of habit anyway. But anyway they should offer a MSDS and U can compare the CAS number if it is not on the MSDS then request it. The Vynacron in NJ is 18009327612, Bob used to send out a sample if you request.