Verification jig

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Hi everyone does anyone know where can I found stone 0% expansion for verification jigs.
I’m doing my verification jigs with gc pattern recin but it’s flexible and I have sometimes problems.
If somebody knows a different technique that might work pls Feel free to tell me

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone does anyone know where can I found stone 0% expansion for verification jigs.
I’m doing my verification jigs with gc pattern recin but it’s flexible and I have sometimes problems.
If somebody knows a different technique that might work pls Feel free to tell me
There is none.

You just have to use the lowest expansion rate.

B

Bryce D

Reaction score
I make the verification jig with light cure custom tray material, it is so much faster and cheaper.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm having great 'luck' with printed resin verification jig attached to impression copings or temp cylinders using light cured low shrinkage composite resin, <1%.

CAD designed jig with minimal spacer around the implant parts = minimal resin.

Coupled with custom tray these are done IO. Verification jig picked up in impression/poured with specific liquid/powder ratio stone.

Same thing done on stone model and switched to patient. We haven't been able to perceive a difference between the two jigs.

Anecdotal at this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use LC material...primotec came out with some specifically for this but you can use LC tray material, just check for expansion rate first.

D

Dimis

Reaction score
I use LC material...primotec came out with some specifically for this but you can use LC tray material, just check for expansion rate first.
Isn’t that similar to the gc pattern resin? My problem is that when we are doing big cases and the doctor does the one screw test if there is inaccuracies the gc pattern has a small flexing space befor it brake so if it flexes in the mouth is hard to see it. I found out that there are labs that are using stone and the good thing about stone is that if it’s not perfect it’s gonna break in the mouth

D

Dimis

Reaction score
I'm having great 'luck' with printed resin verification jig attached to impression copings or temp cylinders using light cured low shrinkage composite resin, <1%.

CAD designed jig with minimal spacer around the implant parts = minimal resin.

Coupled with custom tray these are done IO. Verification jig picked up in impression/poured with specific liquid/powder ratio stone.

Same thing done on stone model and switched to patient. We haven't been able to perceive a difference between the two jigs.

Anecdotal at this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have printer but I’m still new so it’s hard for me to make something I’m not very good with digital yet

I

IanE

Reaction score
Dimis I've had similar issues to you with very slight flexing of resin verification jigs leading to issues later on . For full arch verification jigs i use the same die stone i use for everything else ( whipmix resin rock ) it has a claimed expansion rate of 0.08% it has worked for me for the last 15 years and i've made plenty of jigs in that time.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Dimis I've had similar issues to you with very slight flexing of resin verification jigs leading to issues later on . For full arch verification jigs i use the same die stone i use for everything else ( whipmix resin rock ) it has a claimed expansion rate of 0.08% it has worked for me for the last 15 years and i've made plenty of jigs in that time.
Do you have time to take and post a video of a stone jig being made?

I

IanE

Reaction score
Riley
Sure mate ,the next one i do i'll video and post pretty simple really i just screw some Ti non engaging cylinder abutments into the master model make a box form in wax to the shape i require. I find about 10mm x 10mm works well . pour in the die stone ,let set, easy.. They are fragile and if the implants were placed quite deeply i would thicken the whole structure a bit but not to much , if the fit is even a tiny bit out you want them to break. This is the issue with duralay ones they just dont quite identify the very minor issues as they flex

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Riley
Sure mate ,the next one i do i'll video and post pretty simple really i just screw some Ti non engaging cylinder abutments into the master model make a box form in wax to the shape i require. I find about 10mm x 10mm works well . pour in the die stone ,let set, easy.. They are fragile and if the implants were placed quite deeply i would thicken the whole structure a bit but not to much , if the fit is even a tiny bit out you want them to break. This is the issue with duralay ones they just dont quite identify the very minor issues as they flex
Thanks for the reply on this! I forgot to check back on this till today.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
This is FYI but Whipmix makes Ultirock that is 0.07% if that is what you really want . . .
LCM