Verification jigs?

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Hi to all.
I have 2 questions that i would like to hear your thoughts .

First is which material do you guys use for verification jigs for full arch implant restoretions.
Im using gc pattern resin but i think that is to flexible and tolerant so mistakes might happened.
Ive heard about stone jigs but my guestion on this is if it breaks in the mouth how does the doctor fix it so i can find the mistake on my cast?
Second that i want to ask is if you have two implants and your doctor cut the verification jig and reattached it in the mouth and when you get it doesnt fit the cast how do you know which implant to correct from the two. My doctor says that it doesnt matter which one you correct but i believe it matters because you are going to be wrong on the height of your restoration on one of the two implants if you are wrong correct ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
I like using light cured materials. I see no shrinkage or warping in them. I mostly use triad since I have a triad light cure unit, but I also like Primotec's metablue (it cures within a minute or two, but if allowed to get too hot I've noticed warping). If using Primotec's patterns I would recommend using a light cure unit that doesn't generate heat. I've tried many of their other materials in the Triad unit and they do not do well.

If verification jig doesn't seat passively in the mouth then doctor should know a new impression is required. Some labs may send a custom tray and verification jig together just for this situation. There's a chance that distortion may have occurred in the first impression, or impression copings could shift very slightly, or analogs weren't tightened snug. Any number of issues are possible and full arch restorations aren't something anyone wants to redo over one simple step from the start. If you explain that you don't want to waste their time, and maybe mention having to charge for the remake then you'll get that new impression faster than you can finish that conversation! :p

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Nt Trading has a brilliant new verification jig. No acrylics needed, very accurate and easy to use. Dentist can set up jig at time of master impression saving an appointment. You pour up model and verify immediately. Sterilize and reuse for next patient. You just need to get the appropriate connection component
http://nt.dental/en/products-en/val-jig/

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Nt Trading has a brilliant new verification jig. No acrylics needed, very accurate and easy to use. Dentist can set up jig at time of master impression saving an appointment. You pour up model and verify immediately. Sterilize and reuse for next patient. You just need to get the appropriate connection component

Looks nice but its only for all on 4 cases or for more implants too

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hi to all.

First is which material do you guys use for verification jigs for full arch implant restoretions.
Im using gc pattern resin but i think that is to flexible and tolerant so mistakes might happened.
Ive heard about stone jigs but my guestion on this is if it breaks in the mouth how does the doctor fix it so i can find the mistake on my cast?
Second that i want to ask is if you have two implants and your doctor cut the verification jig and reattached it in the mouth and when you get it doesnt fit the cast how do you know which implant to correct from the two. My doctor says that it doesnt matter which one you correct but i believe it matters because you are going to be wrong on the height of your restoration on one of the two implants if you are wrong correct ?

Then just make it your protocol to have a pickup/ new master cast in those instances, or refuse to remake on warranty.
If it's a small bar for over denture, there's usually an offset to tissue, so probably not a deal breaker.
But splinted crowns? I could see the potential for problems.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Nt Trading has a brilliant new verification jig
Without further knowledge, I see 12 potential issues (number of set screws)...

I use light cure acrylic. But I section it and re-glue it together or, I send it sectioned so it can be splinted in the Pt. mouth

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks Mark!! Did you get it from Neil?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks Mark!! Did you get it from Neil?

For me, the main reason to use is in the lab. 5 min and you know for certain if your master cast is valid. That's not very long at all and no more wondering process. Doesn't fit - new impression required. Just watched a You Tube on it 5 min 18 sec. I think it was Nt Val-jig if you search.

B

basler

Reaction score
that jig looks awesome neat way to verify the cast.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi to all.

was using pattern resin, moved to clear acrylic.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Yes Nordenta carries it. Sorry for the late reply im in Turkey.
You can use the jig with as many implant as you want, no restrictions.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Yes Nordenta carries it. Sorry for the late reply im in Turkey.
You can use the jig with as many implant as you want, no restrictions.
Thanks! Happy trails [emoji4]

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Wonder how much is that, and how it connects to the actual implant or MUA?
They still have to make something customizable to different implant platforms or
some temp abutment or impression post. Good idea, but the screws and parts will
still wear out after certain number of uses also.
LCM

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
You have different sleeves for different connections. I think the lifespan of the jig and parts would be quite long. It has been designed for sterilization.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Until someone crossthreads or strip the screw head, but hedging people who purchase this
will take extra care not to do that.
As usual, it is not the tool only, alot depends on the user
LCM