rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They even have the audacity to call itself Cares.🤥

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Straumann did not polish my abutments .They were very unrefined in comparison to what I have received from Argen,Core 3D and Nobel.
you know things are bad when you need to do every single thing tech support tells you NOT to do, just to get a custom abutment uploaded and produced from exocad. Tech support told me I should be using 3sheep, because its easier for them to upload? I asked if they were actually in the business of selling implants, and that there are probably at least 2 or 3 exocad users out there somewhere.

seriously, this is complete incompetence.

tempImagepXN9et.png

it's been about 10 months since I've handled a Straumann custom abutment. after what showed up, I'll join the rant.
this thing looks like it was screwed down on the most buggered analog they could find, and beat on with a hammer. wth.
this goes way beyond a little polishing, and on top of that I'll get to waste another 2 days on the phone explaining to them that I was charged 3 times for the same damn abutment.

keep it up Straumann, the solution has arrived tempImagewiwoej.png

They even have the audacity to call itself Cares.🤥
I'm not going to disagree with you at all.

L

Lamber Tran

Reaction score
Straumann has been milling some custom abutments for me lately .

I've also tried their zirconia.

I have to say that the quality has been consistently sub par at best.

The shades a very poor .A2 looks closer to A4 which is unacceptable.

However the custom milled abutments have to be the worst I have seen. I'm no expert on milling but the tool marks are coarse with gouges.They are very dirty with residual metal flakes in concave areas and unpolished.

I have used Argen in the past and find their abutments cleaner and well polished with retentive grooves.

Did I mention the price for an original Straumann abutment is $45 dollars more?

Use Professional instead of use original, no one is good at anything​

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
you know things are bad when you need to do every single thing tech support tells you NOT to do, just to get a custom abutment uploaded and produced from exocad. Tech support told me I should be using 3sheep, because its easier for them to upload? I asked if they were actually in the business of selling implants, and that there are probably at least 2 or 3 exocad users out there somewhere.

seriously, this is complete incompetence.

View attachment 41495

it's been about 10 months since I've handled a Straumann custom abutment. after what showed up, I'll join the rant.
this thing looks like it was screwed down on the most buggered analog they could find, and beat on with a hammer. wth.
this goes way beyond a little polishing, and on top of that I'll get to waste another 2 days on the phone explaining to them that I was charged 3 times for the same damn abutment.

keep it up Straumann, the solution has arrived View attachment 41496

I'm not going to disagree with you at all.
Everythign Straumann does shows me that they do not care about dental labs. They want to sell implants and try and force as many of them to be restored with their "solutions" even when their solutions are not as good. For example, why don't they have ASC on their custom abutments? I am supposed to design a 11 mm long anterior on a tiny variobase part that sometimes is buried below the crest of the tissue if I want a Angled Screw Channel abutment? I have to go edit the XML file in order to have the screw channel come out where it is supposed to because I am using 3Sheep to design and their DME's are only optimized for Cares design software? I have spent years pushing back against their bullying tactics in my area. Not because I have something against their company or the people they employ, but because other abutments enable me to provide a higher quality restoration for the same cost. I may even pay a bit more to go with Atlantis abutments than if I just used the straumann "solution." There's my rant. I have a lot more I could say, but I'll save that for another thread. :)

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
with Strauman customs I use panther angled drivers. you don't need to edit the xml, just use a cylinder cut in attachments to cut the angle. ive done a lot of angled this way, including Nobel custom ti hybrids as well. its a great work around.

Everythign Straumann does shows me that they do not care about dental labs
I'm not going to disagree at all. I would be able to fabricate thru TRU with much better success, and more stable restorations. Split instead of dual file (which is bs).... non engaging angled custom, the list goes on. yea I get it.

but.. Dr wants Original.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So you’re saying Straumann is the Martha’s Vineyard of implant companies?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
with Strauman customs I use panther angled drivers. you don't need to edit the xml, just use a cylinder cut in attachments to cut the angle. ive done a lot of angled this way, including Nobel custom ti hybrids as well. its a great work around.

I'm not going to disagree at all. I would be able to fabricate thru TRU with much better success, and more stable restorations. Split instead of dual file (which is bs).... non engaging angled custom, the list goes on. yea I get it.

but.. Dr wants Original.
Thankfully, almost all of my doctors understand and see the value in using non OEM parts and trust my judgement(still working on this with my wife at home).

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Thankfully, almost all of my doctors understand and see the value in using non OEM parts and trust my judgement(still working on this with my wife at home).
lol.
ok, I'm only on my 3rd bill-out.
first implant case with our lab. I have a feeling things will evolve the way I want them to, but I'll have to be patient. I don't want to be "patient", I'd like to take the ball and run down the field with it. I'd get cases done in half the time with TRU, and a much more stable restoration. period.

but I'm not there yet.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Straumann can't justify OEM after they purchased Medentika...
pushing OEM and non at the same time, it's easier to make an argument now.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
I feel the pain. no ang screw channel for exocad, docs now being provided medintika scan bodies. We cant print models in house now. all a big fugazzi

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I started working with TRU with Peter Moon before they got their first FDA approval.. Zimmer if I remember correctly.
This Company is "the Bar" for manufacturing, support, sales, innovative products. period. and price. period.

I've also made the decision to send this abutment to the Dr., along with a brand new mill blank, so he can see the interface and have a conversation about how it's made. I can't take an accurate picture of it, I'll drop it off.. pick it back up and clean it up for delivery.

I don't mind having difficult conversations..
was just hoping to Smell the Roses for a minute after busting my nuts to to get here.