Trumps Trade War includes Dental devices

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
For the record,those arrows originate from zero's side , I'm bitter and cold!
Actually, the joke is on me. That weather keeps the snow birds here longer.Banghead

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Will the tariffs extend to fortune cookies or can I still expect to get those for “free” with my order?

They will tax your gastrointestinal tract just like the MSG.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
$25 crown x 25% tarriff= $6.25+$25= $31.25 Certainly not denting anyones wallet... The shipping costs more than that. 125% still wouldnt be enough.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The NADL was just interviewed by the Wall Street Journal about this topic. Like others stated, this is a good thing for us...it might suck a lot at first, but hey, it's Trump, lets shake up the economy. We been getting ripped off far too long as it is. Here is the link via government...skip to page 54 (right in the middle pertains to us). Click Here

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Bull$hit, they got Chinese characters on them.
Wikipedia:

There are approximately 3 billion fortune cookies made each year around the world, the vast majority of them used for consumption in the United States.[2] The largest manufacturer of the cookies is Wonton Food Inc., headquartered in Brooklyn, New York. They make over 4.5 million fortune cookies per day. Another large manufacturer are Baily International in the Midwest and Peking Noodle in the Los Angeles area. There are other smaller, local manufacturers including Tsue Chong Co. in Seattle, Keefer Court Food in Minneapolis and Sunrise Fortune Cookie in Philadelphia. Many smaller companies will also sell custom fortunes.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eth-are-a-battlefield-as-trump-takes-on-trade

Still looking for more informative stuff. But the article from last year is still right. Nothing less than a 300% tariff will make any lasting difference aside from how fast a Dentist or DSO owner pays off their boat.

Edit: @TheLabGuy Do you have a direct link to anything definitive?
https://www.sott.net/article/381885...its-back-in-escalating-trade-conflict-with-US

this is where labguy snipped his quote from. just fyi.

also, the article quotes RT (Russia Today) who is accused of meddling in the US election by creating russian propaganda bots to flood twitter and other social media with pithy memes to create a bigger political divide.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia:

There are approximately 3 billion fortune cookies made each year around the world, the vast majority of them used for consumption in the United States.[2] The largest manufacturer of the cookies is Wonton Food Inc., headquartered in Brooklyn, New York. They make over 4.5 million fortune cookies per day. Another large manufacturer are Baily International in the Midwest and Peking Noodle in the Los Angeles area. There are other smaller, local manufacturers including Tsue Chong Co. in Seattle, Keefer Court Food in Minneapolis and Sunrise Fortune Cookie in Philadelphia. Many smaller companies will also sell custom fortunes.
Sheesh, are you friggin trying to use Wikipedia as evidence???

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
China is the largest source of imports for the states, also they hold the most US govt debt. This trade war is a direct response of their recently launched petro-yuan which threatens the petro-dollar monopoly, they are also working with other nations on an alternative to the SWIFT banking system. Together with Russia they also started to dump US treasuries lately. Interesting times...to say the least :eek:

I'm going to do an "ackchyually" moment here. Most of the US Debt is intra-governmental and/or held by the public and/or held by the Federal Reserve. China owns about 1.1 trillion with Japan around the same number. They have actually increased their US Debt about 15% over the past year. Japan was the #1 foreign holder of US debt for the longest time. So it is more appropriate to say China holds more US Debt than any other foreign country - but it is still "only" about 5% of the total US Debt.

I don't know why I am posting this - as it really doesn't change the fact that I agree with your post overall.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
For the record,those arrows originate from zero's side , I'm bitter and cold!
It's called the Alberta Clipper....it originates from a Chinook wind (considered to be warm over here)...:cool:

Top Bottom