Trumps Trade War includes Dental devices

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
"The step came in retaliation to the 25 percent tariff on over 1,300 Chinese products introduced by the Trump administration earlier this week. The US list covers machinery, electronics, uranium, flamethrowers and even dental devices."

I know, it's not technically a trade war (yet),but it's interesting with over 40% of all restorations placed in the mouth of U.S. patients, that those restorations came from overseas. I'm all for this personally, I'm actually one of those guys who doesn't shop at Walmart, I prefer the local grocery stores. I also personally know that hey, different strokes for different folks, and you may like Walmart, it's all good...but either way, what say you?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
"The step came in retaliation to the 25 percent tariff on over 1,300 Chinese products introduced by the Trump administration earlier this week. The US list covers machinery, electronics, uranium, flamethrowers and even dental devices."

I know, it's not technically a trade war (yet),but it's interesting with over 40% of all restorations placed in the mouth of U.S. patients, that those restorations came from overseas. I'm all for this personally, I'm actually one of those guys who doesn't shop at Walmart, I prefer the local grocery stores. I also personally know that hey, different strokes for different folks, and you may like Walmart, it's all good...but either way, what say you?
I'm worried about not being able to afford my new Flamethrower. Been saving up for weeks for that.

Ok, seriously. Dental Devices is a really broad term. Could mean anything from 510k products to toothbrushes and everywhere in between.

If, as a nation, we want a better economy, charging more for cheaply made junk is not the way. Making better products, or rather making products to begin with, is how you raise a country.

I'm not thinking of Mercantilism, but rather a return to sound money(haha) and less interest about silly things like how many signs we can stick on a water closet to make someone feel better about themselves. We spend more on education than ever before, but graduate people with degrees in such useful fields bilingual doily making and wonder why we stagnate.

We've gotten soft, fat, lazy, and generally only concerned with how to make ourselves even more so.

I'm going to look for my cane and now, there's some kids on my yard playing baseball. On their Nintendo.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm worried about not being able to afford my new Flamethrower. Been saving up for weeks for that.
Funny...I think this actually has a lot more to do with corporate dentistry than anything. Those are mostly the ones who have set up a infrastructure to send overseas and get their shlt crowns and dentures back to unknowingly U.S. patients.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Funny...I think this actually has a lot more to do with corporate dentistry than anything. Those are mostly the ones who have set up a infrastructure to send overseas and get their shlt crowns and dentures back to unknowingly U.S. patients.
My coffee kicked in and I had to edit that. I'm really much more grumpy that that lone statement :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
F! Wally World. Rare occasion I ever step foot in that place or order from them online.
I'm looking forward to a trade war. I think it may be rough at first, but I think the Country
will benefit in the long run. I think we have given our wealth to other countries long enough.

As far as the tariff on imported prosthetics, I think they should be taxed at a rate that makes them the
same cost or more than an average crown made here Stateside.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
wjkjlzr50g1z.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
F! Wally World. Rare occasion I ever step foot in that place or order from them online.
I'm looking forward to a trade war. I think it may be rough at first, but I think the Country
will benefit in the long run. I think we have given our wealth to other countries long enough.

As far as the tariff on imported prosthetics, I think they should be taxed at a rate that makes them the
same cost or more than an average crown made here Stateside.
$99 ?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
So, what does it actually do? Will all China imported restorations come with a 25% Tarif? Or just certain materials/parts will be charged?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for.
If Nafta can survive the latest negotiations, you may see your Chinese prosthetics sourced north or south of your border.
The Northern peso is valued around 70c us.

bow to your Arctic Overlords!

image.php

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Canadians come down here to have their dentistry done. Possibly send the work to Canada for the crown.
Now if I could just figure out a way to send the patient at the same time...Hmmmm2

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Canadians come down here to have their dentistry done. Possibly send the work to Canada for the crown.
Now if I could just figure out a way to send the patient at the same time...Hmmmm2
Canadians voted a part time drama teacher to run the country.
I wouldn't put anything past those buggers if I were you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eth-are-a-battlefield-as-trump-takes-on-trade

Still looking for more informative stuff. But the article from last year is still right. Nothing less than a 300% tariff will make any lasting difference aside from how fast a Dentist or DSO owner pays off their boat.
I heard China will target products made in the states that are in play during your midterms.
Quite frankly I put little stock in the info spewed by the same people that report the weather.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
crowns will be labelled Prototypes then. not a huge deal.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
China is the largest source of imports for the states, also they hold the most US govt debt. This trade war is a direct response of their recently launched petro-yuan which threatens the petro-dollar monopoly, they are also working with other nations on an alternative to the SWIFT banking system. Together with Russia they also started to dump US treasuries lately. Interesting times...to say the least :eek:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I heard China will target products made in the states that are in play during your midterms.
Quite frankly I put little stock in the info spewed by the same people that report the weather.
Speaking of:
haHa.png

Hahaha

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Will the tariffs extend to fortune cookies or can I still expect to get those for “free” with my order?

Top Bottom